Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile search function?  (Read 760 times)

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpile search function?
« on: December 05, 2015, 01:32:51 pm »

Any word on a search function for stockpiles? Specifically fruits/plants/seeds.

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile search function?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 01:39:12 pm »

Word is, Spearafreak likes the idea, and honestly I approve too.  Might even help to split seeds by above/under ground, and filter plants by brewable/weaveable/millable/etc.

Catch is, this isn't the spot for ideas.  I think there's a seperate spot for suggesting them.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 01:52:22 pm »

IIRC dfhack includes a rather wonderful search function that works on stockpiles and other screens and integrates so nicely into the UI that you'd think it was part of the original.  Hopefully we'll see it return once the dfhack wizards are done retrofitting it for the new version.

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 02:16:58 pm »

Word is, Spearafreak likes the idea, and honestly I approve too.  Might even help to split seeds by above/under ground, and filter plants by brewable/weaveable/millable/etc.

Catch is, this isn't the spot for ideas.  I think there's a seperate spot for suggesting them.
Oh is there? Sorry, I didn't know that. I'll look around for it and post questions there from now on. And I like your ideas of splitting everything up even more, it would be pretty helpful.

IIRC dfhack includes a rather wonderful search function that works on stockpiles and other screens and integrates so nicely into the UI that you'd think it was part of the original.  Hopefully we'll see it return once the dfhack wizards are done retrofitting it for the new version.

Yeah I like the function from DFhack, I'm excited for when it gets updated for this release.