Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Time Stops - Retreading the Office Complex [SG]  (Read 6898 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Time Stops - Retreading the Office Complex [SG]
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2015, 12:30:40 am »

((I tend to post when things calm down so I don't get hijacked by walls of 9 new replies.))

Before taking away the red USB, you open it up and it reveals two files, both of which were recently made. The first one has John_Smith.docx, and the other one is a .zip file called Timeline. The .zip file is password-locked, to your great dismay, and you can't open it for now.

Quote from: John_Smith.docx
I've never seen anyone quite like him, and he might be the cause of my situation.

I've been exploiting these 'resets' that keep happening to observe the person.

At first, he was just one of the new employees we hired, but when the chaos happened, we all heard terrorists looking out for him. Condor Tower is pretty big, and not everyone knows everyone - even I had no idea who he was until this situation.

If you're reading this, I hope you stop looking at this; I've password-locked the file just to keep you aware that you're doing a crucial mission right now for our mutual benefit. If you've forgotten, at this phase you're supposed to meet me at the appointed area. If someone else found this... I suppose I can afford another... reset.

Sigh.

She prepared for this situation. Damn it. You do note a mention of a reset. If by reset she meant... that. Well. That explains a lot of things.

...you can choose to breathe in deep, and think about your dreams and not wanting to die right now. I know, I'm not making sense but you might want to do that. I saw you do just that, and when I asked you, you just said the same exact thing I wrote down here.

Whatever did you mean by that. Well... you always wanted to live for one. You're still afraid of dying. And most importantly... you're working for... what exactly? Were you simply living just to get by? Gah, you can't seem to keep your focus on-

You accidentally glance at your watch. It is 10:09AM. You immediately panic, but you steel your nerves one more time to keep a tighter focus on things (+4 TC.)

You breathe... slowly. Focusing inward. The watch ticks... and slows... and slows down. Until it stops. Success! You have stopped time again! (roll 20/40)

You make it a point this time that you will avoid making things seem like someone's been there. So you close all the doors you opened, which is a grand total of the fire exit door and the Rochester room door. You look down the fire exit, and sure enough there's more than enough people to fit three squads. Some of them are arming what you assume to be high-powered explosives on the walls. Yeah, you could probably descend here, but it would be unwise since there's a lot of them in a tight space, and perhaps there's more at the fire exit.

You exit via the main (inner) stairway instead. Condor Tower is a wide office complex, but it has a jutting middle courtyard extending from the first to the last (50th) floor, with stairs, elevators and escalators. You descend almost uneventfully, until you notice some dust particles starting to move very slowly. Your firm grasp on time is also somewhat loosened, and you feel that the pause is slipping away.

You just failed to notice all this time that there were Terrorists inside each of the office areas, and there are some patrolling the bottom floor, each one taking a momentous step as time slowly corrects itself.

You are on the 15th floor. The area is absolutely devoid of hiding places, and also has only a few 5-7ft Palm pots scattered around. The middle courtyard section only has benches and pretty much nothing else. And there's no guarantee other rooms are perfectly safe. Considering the Terrorists were looking for you before you even knew you had an ability, they're most likely capable of rendering your ability null somehow, so you can't afford to be stopped. Do you risk stopping time again? Do you throw your bottle? Do you find another way to escape somehow?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2015, 09:11:09 am »

Survey the landing and surrounding area for another possible escape route.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Doritos

• Bay Watcher
  • SPODERMAN RULES
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2015, 10:09:32 am »

Throw the bottle as a distraction then GTFO!!!!!!!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2015, 11:00:28 am »

Survey the landing and surrounding area for another possible escape route.
+ Keep an eye out for fire escapes, escape chutes, or window cleaning platforms.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2015, 11:43:01 am »

If there is an exit in a sensible distance away, sneak over and check it for enemies. Throw bottle into the offices as a distraction.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2015, 05:27:42 pm »

How did we get out the first time?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2015, 05:28:21 pm »

We went down the fire escape.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 04:03:40 pm by Sosoku234 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]