Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brewery Glitch?  (Read 696 times)

Rob Allen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Brewery Glitch?
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:33:00 pm »

I've been out of liquor for a while now and it's taken me a while to figure out what was going on.  I've had my brewery full of orders to brew a drink but they always tell me they can't find an empty barrel.  I've got 3 carpenters churning out barrels like crazy and my farms are off.  I have tons of barrels and they should all be empty.  So I looked into it and watched one of my brewers.  He picked up an empty barrel, brought it to the brewery and set it down inside, then said he didn't have an empty barrel.

So my dwarves aren't brewing despite having plenty of empty barrels.  Is there something else I'm missing here or is this an actual glitch?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Brewery Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:37:00 pm »

This should be in Bug Reports.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

mwoody450

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 10:19:00 pm »

Well, he's not sure it's a bug; it's reasonable to ask here before clogging the bug report forum.

For my part, I don't know what could be causing this behavior.  I'd say it was overzealous item haulers trying to snatch the barrel back to the stockpile, but once brewing has started, I'd assume the barrel would be set to [TSK] mode and inaccessible.

Rob Allen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:52:00 pm »

Well the bug finally went away.  Not sure what happened, it might have just been a fluke after all.