Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF randomly crashing  (Read 6390 times)

MrCompassionate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF randomly crashing
« on: November 06, 2015, 05:51:35 am »

I've posted the problem in the bug reporter but just in case the solution is obvious or well known I figured I'd ask here.

Windows 7 64 bit with 16GB of ram and an AMD graphics card. DF 0.40.24
Dwarf Fortress crashes all the time and not with any obvious or regular cause (as far as I can tell). It's most common during season changes and saving but that isn't consistent, it just crashes a lot and often within the first two years. It can't be the traders because I've successfully interacted with them and it isn't dependent on version or mods because unmodded LNP and Masterwork all suffer from this problem. I set LNP Dwarf Fortress as high memory priority in the menu but it still crashes just as often. So far my theory is that it's either somehow a memory problem despite my efforts or a 64 bit OS problem. Then again I'm no computer wiz which is why I'm curious what you think.
This problem is consistent over many forts in many worlds. Re-downloading DF doesn't help, unmodded or otherwise.

I've been unable to play DF for over a year now, the very definition of Circus.
NOW THE DEMONS OF THE UNDERWORLD SHALL SHARE IN MY HELL! NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A RAVEN CORPSE! NOTHING!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: DF randomly crashing
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 08:48:39 am »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

MrCompassionate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
NOW THE DEMONS OF THE UNDERWORLD SHALL SHARE IN MY HELL! NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A RAVEN CORPSE! NOTHING!