Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchants leave before they've finished unloading?  (Read 1107 times)

The Avatar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Merchants leave before they've finished unloading?
« on: March 30, 2008, 09:56:00 am »

In my most recent game, I was a bit perplexed because when the first bunch of merchants arrived, they left before unloading their goods. This seems a bit contrary to what one would expect. Does this qualify as a bug?

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants leave before they've finished unloading?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by The Avatar:
<STRONG>In my most recent game, I was a bit perplexed because when the first bunch of merchants arrived, they left before unloading their goods. This seems a bit contrary to what one would expect. Does this qualify as a bug?</STRONG>

Did you have two (or more) trade depots?  Mules will sometimes go to one while the wagons go to the other, and they then leave in a huff.  It's a long-standing bug.

Khosan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 07:22:00 pm »

I had something similar happen not long ago.  Human Caravan took up the entire time unloading.  No second depot either.

My brother, who also plays, said it might have something to do with one of the wagons being overloaded.  I thought it might have something to do with the non-wagon'd merchants who got scared by an ambush that was promptly caged.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 09:04:00 pm »

If any merchant dies, the caravan leaves; maybe that's it?