Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to fix animal people.  (Read 1140 times)

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to fix animal people.
« on: October 18, 2015, 04:49:10 am »

Hello.

Could anyone tried to fix animal peoples? (I mean - animal people who should to be hostile to me)
How to do this?
I want my adventure to be complete, and without this - it is not.
They can not talk at all - important think is - they should attack me instead of just talking about it.
I hope someone can suggest me what I can do with this problem.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
Re: How to fix animal people.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 05:39:27 am »

Hello.

Could anyone tried to fix animal peoples? (I mean - animal people who should to be hostile to me)
How to do this?
They can not talk at all - important think is - they should attack me instead of just talking about it.

I'll throw in my brand of idiocy for ya.
I'm pretty sure there's a file or whatever that has the thing that changes all the animal people into animal people, so if you add something along the lines of [ADD_TAG:WILD] or whatever it was called, that might work.

I'm a bit rushed, so I'm sorry if I'm not useful, but this is my general idea for ya.

EDIT: CRAZED is the tagg I was going for, though I didn't realize that ADD_TAG wouldn't work. I'vent done anything with animal people or the related stuffs.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:47:44 pm by ThatZommy »
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 09:30:40 am »

Hello.

How to do this?

I'll throw in my brand of idiocy for ya.
I'm pretty sure there's a file or whatever that has the thing that changes all the animal people into animal people, so if you add something along the lines of [ADD_TAG:WILD] or whatever it was called, that might work.

I'm a bit rushed, so I'm sorry if I'm not useful, but this is my general idea for ya.
There is no token called WILD. You probably want stuff like NOFEAR and PRONE_TO_RAGE:100.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 01:45:27 pm »

Adding [CV_NEW_TAG:CRAZED] to both [CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] and [CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON_LEGLESS], in c_variation_default.txt should do the trick.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 04:03:51 pm »

That will make them to attack everything else on sight though :). Adds some fun to adv. mode for sure.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 07:10:46 pm »

That will make them to attack everything else on sight though :). Adds some fun to adv. mode for sure.
That is the idea. Mind you, if they had an actual civilization, with caravans and whatnot, it could be problematic. But then you wouldn't have the whole "a few seconds ago my best friend was cut down in front of me" shenanigans that we're trying to fix.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 02:42:20 am »

There is no token called WILD. You probably want stuff like NOFEAR and PRONE_TO_RAGE:100.
I will try this one.
Adding [CV_NEW_TAG:CRAZED] to both [CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] and [CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON_LEGLESS], in c_variation_default.txt should do the trick.

This can solve the problem but I heard I can meet some not aggressive semi-civ animal people and they shouldn't be aggressive, so this option will change their reactions too. I want to stick vanilla and I only want to fix animal people that supposed to be aggressive
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:44:56 am by Tilogour »