Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should DFHack have its own Child Board?

Yes!  Absolutely!
No, the one mega-thread is fine.
No, get out of here and go use Github instead.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Proposal: Give DFHack its own Child Board / Folder  (Read 4743 times)

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proposal: Give DFHack its own Child Board / Folder
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 08:58:41 pm »

DFHack totally needs it's own board.There is too much DFHack in the utilities one and I think DFhack is getting to Masterwork levels of bigness.Besides being the most useful thing for making my game faster.
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2015, 09:09:00 pm »

I also support a DFHack board, directly under "DF Modding" - but not nested any further, there's no need to make navigation more complicated.  It would also be great to have a new DFHack thread for each release, pin the current one and lock the old.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2015, 09:56:44 pm »

Agreed, at the moment the megathread is an impractical sprawl of comments. Something as important as DFhack should deserve its own board. It would decrease the barrier of using DFhack immensely for newbies as well.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 09:08:50 am »

I also support a DFHack board, directly under "DF Modding" - but not nested any further, there's no need to make navigation more complicated.  It would also be great to have a new DFHack thread for each release, pin the current one and lock the old.
Pin the new one, but people will still have questions about the old releases that fit best into the megathreads.  Maybe lock it after it's been dormant for months.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 2 [3]