Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dancing Clowns and other Invaders  (Read 1097 times)

Shazbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dancing Clowns and other Invaders
« on: October 12, 2015, 11:58:34 am »

I was just thinking that a mob of clowns coming up from their tents and entering the dining hall is all well and good, but not very fun. Sure, they kill everyone with brutal and ruthless efficiency, but where's the toying with mere mortals? Wouldn't it be interesting if the clowns made some sort of dark, macabre religious ceremony out of bringing fun to the world? Dancing around crippled victims, dragging corpses into temple zones to profane the altars with dwarven entrails, heaping books into fires, throwing competitions with infants and severed limbs,  turning inns into prisons to store their meals for later; you know. Fun stuff using the new mechanics. Additionally, goblins doing a war-dance to get fired up or human armies solemnly forming into parade ranks before assaulting would be great uses of these mechanics as well.

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dancing Clowns and other Invaders
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 06:03:00 pm »

I'd assume most of this would happen after the fortress has fallen, meaning it would take a lot of effort to record each little detail during world gen.
Just imagine all the listings of baby throwing competitions...
How ever I like the idea of profaning temples and burning books, perhaps they would even steal and/or corrupt/destroy artefacts.

Otherwise, I'm sure it wouldn't require much to enable these other features during fortress mode for a laugh.
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dancing Clowns and other Invaders
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 06:14:36 am »

I like this idea. It can be coupled with more realistic behaviour from dangerous beasties feasting on dead dwarves, goblins stealing valuables and so on instead of all out rampage all the time.