Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vampire Mystery  (Read 1572 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Mystery
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 01:42:08 am »

I thought drinking blood will not help their slowing down problem, as it's not alcohol and not even really drinking as far as the game is concerned. Also, in the last version fort mode vampires didn't thirst if not fed, so you could just wall them in and drop them some clothes periodically so they don't become insane because of nudity... is this the same now?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:43:41 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 02:25:10 am »

I believe you're completely correct, Tirion. The blood drinking quest is a fools errand up the creek after a red herring (and I'm one of the fools...).

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 11:37:53 am »

Being a night creature freezes your physical stats. Skill stats - swordsdwarf, miner, etc. - can still be trained, but we will always have the same strength, toughness, and so on. Keep this in mind while training.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 06:43:35 pm »

Being a night creature freezes your physical stats. Skill stats - swordsdwarf, miner, etc. - can still be trained, but we will always have the same strength, toughness, and so on. Keep this in mind while training.
Ah, will there be any benefit of training stats to their max before someone gets infected or is it a modifier based on their preexisting base statistic?

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 06:50:03 pm »

Ah, will there be any benefit of training stats to their max before someone gets infected or is it a modifier based on their preexisting base statistic?

Their vampire physical stats are the physical stats they had when infected multiplied by 3 (non-physical is unaffected). They are then frozen permanently.

(At least, that's how it works in Adventurer Mode.)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2015, 10:06:12 pm »

Excelleennt.
Hmm, i'm suddenly wondering if vampires try to drink from other vampires if those are the only ones available.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 03:06:30 am »

If vampires would drink from other vampires, they'd probably drink from (other) undead as well, which sounds probable. The problem is to make the test victims unconscious, since vampires don't sleep (and I don't think reanimated undead do either). You'd probably have to try cave-in dust and the like (or possibly sufficient physical trama in the case of a vampire test subject).
Hm, an evil attempt would be to harm a vampire badly, and then have it hauled to the hospital for care. Dorfs sleep while resting from injuries, so vampires might do that as well.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 01:48:29 pm »

Excelleennt.
Hmm, i'm suddenly wondering if vampires try to drink from other vampires if those are the only ones available.

I don't think vampires actually have blood of their own - and I know other undead don't. They could die of blood loss if they did.

(EDIT: OF COURSE VAMPIRES HAVE BLOOD, it's how the curse is transferred. D'oh.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:53:52 pm by PyroTechno »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 04:36:52 pm »

And I think reanimated bodies have blood as well, as it's splattered about when they're hurt. I had an undead critter that was pale from blood loss that never lost the state, but didn't seem to suffer from it either. Interestingly enough, reanimation also seems to refresh the body so a rotting corpse becomes fresh when killed again, if my observations are correct.
Pages: 1 [2]