Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An entire Tribe of named Olm People  (Read 1047 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
An entire Tribe of named Olm People
« on: September 26, 2015, 02:26:31 pm »

6 Olm Spear People & 2 with Blowguns beat the snot out of like 20 Troglodytes, earning names for the entire tribe :o  Unfortunately for them, they are camped a mere dozen Urists from where I'm planning to breach the Cavern and built my Fortress.  Yes they only have Fungiwood weapons, but after seeing their recent prowess, I'm taking the time to lay out a few Stonefall Traps & pasture my 3 dogs behind those.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An entire Tribe of named Olm People
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 02:47:19 pm »

Actually what should happen is, because they killed things that are hostile to your fortress, they should be marked as "friendly" in the units screen, and your dwarves wont attack them without being told to.

Doesn't mean they wont try to kill you, but I've had peaceful relations with cave tribes before...
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 03:26:54 pm »

Neat :)  Though unfortunately, rather moot.  A single Troll just wiped the Fortress :(  It killed 2 Dogs & 4 Dwarves before I assigned all survivors to a militia.  Said recruits then punched the troll until they collapsed from exhaustion.  During this downtime, the Troll was able to heal and smoosh everyone while they were passed out.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 04:42:09 pm »

The best solution would have been to force invaders to path through the lair of the Olm Squad. See if you can get any of them to legendary, and build a society around the protection of your mighty Olm Saviors.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 05:33:17 pm »

The best solution would have been to force invaders to path through the lair of the Olm Squad. See if you can get any of them to legendary, and build a society around the protection of your mighty Olm Saviors.
My new Embark is a Joyous Grasslands, so I've no doubt I will be seeing Animal People in my new Cavern Fortress eventually.  If I can capture a decent amount, I will definitely make them part of the gauntlet.