Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Answered: Ballista arrow passes through - does not hit - prone target  (Read 2935 times)

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Answered: Ballista arrow passes through - does not hit - prone target
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 09:28:21 am »

Oh sweet, thanks for the tutorial! I suppose river-based watermills are also a valid option, but they're harder to defend, build, etc., because there's only a range of locations in which I can build them, and they're all close to the map edge (where evil clouds are a problem.) So I think I'll still try to stick with windmills. But I'll definitely do what you advised.

"One after the painful other." Lol. Puts it into perspective why people make impulse ramp setups and water reactors. But I've never worked with power in a big way before, so I feel like I should do it legitimately my first time.

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Answered: Ballista arrow passes through - does not hit - prone target
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 10:26:40 am »

And the trap worked perfectly. I had a bunch of doors I could lock for backup, but there was no need. A 3x3 bridge in the middle of a 1-wide hallway. The tile immediately before the bridge has a resetting pressure plate linked to the bridge. Below the bridge is a small pit with no ramps on the sides. Zombie captured. I think I could even use it to capture multiple zombies...
Pages: 1 2 [3]