Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 2525 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 4e Fourthcore Team Deathmatch) For Ludicrous Gibs! No player limit!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 10:40:09 pm »

Reserving.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 06:02:29 pm »

A few premade characters have been added, for those with less confidence in their character building abilities.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:38:18 pm by Wrex »

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 4e Multiplayer Team Deathmatch) For Ludicrous Gibs! No player limit!
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 12:21:19 am »

Spend most of Saturday and Sunday having headaches. Hopefully Monday will be a better day for me to get reading done.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 09:06:51 pm »

That's no problem. If you're interested, I can make some more premade characters so you don't have to do quite as much reading.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D Fourthcore Team Deathmatch) For Ludicrous Gibs! No player limit!
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 07:09:27 pm »

Posting to watch who gets brutally slaughtered.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2015, 11:58:23 pm »

I'll take the Paradox unless divine inspiration hits me well enough I manage to come up with a good character.
>Yes?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 12:07:34 am »

What is Paradox? Is it a Defender or a Striker? After further examination, it's clearly a Striker. I'm just stupid.
Also, I guess I should mention that me and Caellath are teaming up. I'm planning on making a Fighter to fill in the Defender role, so, judging from what I understand about the game, we could use a Leader, ideally someone who grants extra attacks, like a Warlord, and a Controller who can lockdown the enemy team.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:15:44 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 02:36:15 am »

Technically speaking, it's "intended" roll is defender, but Blackguards have, by far, the highest damage out of any defender class.

The second post contains good chargen advice, such as, for instance, full leaders are usually not required- usually, they hybrid into another class as the dominant role in Fourthcore Team Deathmatch. That said, Warlord's giving out more Basic Attack is fantastic if your other party members use a lot of those, like good old Paradox.

Incidentally, there are many, many ways to cause Radiant Vulnerability, and Paradox excells at doing radiant damage. Something like a Paladin using a domain feat to apply the Sun domain to Valiant Strike, causing radiance vulnerability and even more radiance damage, can quickly spiral into reducing people to smoking ash faster than you can say "Praise the Sun!"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 02:40:47 am by Wrex »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 03:02:59 am »

Incidentally, there are many, many ways to cause Radiant Vulnerability, and Paradox excells at doing radiant damage. Something like a Paladin using a domain feat to apply the Sun domain to Valiant Strike, causing radiance vulnerability and even more radiance damage, can quickly spiral into reducing people to smoking ash faster than you can say "Praise the Sun!"
I heard about that build; it's called 'Radiant Mafia' apparently. Sadly, you need to be 10th level to make that work on a Warpriest Cleric, but I'm a dumbass and finally found the feat in question.

Hmm. Solar Enemy and Power of the Sun synergize so well...
Hmm. I've got a half-built Warforged Fighter, and I'm eyeing Bell Ringer for the comedic value of running into battle screaming "I GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL!" But I'm going to take a look at a Radiant Paladin.

Question: Solar Enemy says "Each target gains vulnerable 5 radiant, or its vulnerability to radiant damage increases by 5." Does that vulnerability ever expire? Does it stack with itself?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:07:47 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 08:16:52 pm »

The 11/23/2009 Errata update adds "Until the end if your next turn" to the end of that sentence. The Power of the Sun feat, directly above it, also automatically applies radiant vulnerability 3 to certain attacks. Vulnerability doesn't stack, unfortunately, so there is less synergy there than you think, although if you can hit them, then solar enemy then,, it could do some work.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:41:42 pm by Wrex »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 01:16:40 am »

So, there really aren't enough people interested in a PVP game, so i'm going to call this one off. Thanks for your interest, everyone.

Pages: 1 [2]