Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Site finder only searching half the map?  (Read 471 times)

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
Site finder only searching half the map?
« on: September 20, 2015, 11:00:30 pm »

So I genned a 129x65 world, and went to search for a site...
...the finder is only looking at the left half of the map. Verified by setting the filter to River:Yes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My theory (without further testing) is that it's iterating X 0..W and Y 0..W (instead of 0..H), where W is width and H is height. Will see what happens with a "tall" world (expecting a crash).

Anyone else able to duplicate?

EDIT: 65x129 world scans everything without a crash. I have no idea without a debugger.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 11:04:56 pm by TruePikachu »
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Site finder only searching half the map?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 08:02:43 am »

Could just be that DF has bounds checking. You should report this on the bug tracker.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.