Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Character Name and the Noun Phrase: d20 Modern ─ B-Movie Edition (1/5)  (Read 1035 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Simply put, I like humorously bad stuff. B-movies, penny dreadfuls, bootleg video games, drivel from the darkest recesses of ff.net, you name it. Some of you may already be familiar with my work in the realm of B- ─ no, perhaps Z-movies ─ transitioned to forum game format, in The Fear Master.

Well, the problem with that is that it's a suggestion game, so it's more of a collectively-guided narrative than anything. (Not that I have any intentions of abandoning it.)

So why not make MST3K material multiplayer, too?

d20 Modern is a, for most intents and purposes, free RPG system; adapted from Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition, its usage is, as the name would imply, to make games set in the modern day. I'd been formulating plans for a game of it for quite some time, but I was unsure how to implement it--until now.

If anybody is interested in a tabletop madcap adventure that doesn't make an awful lot of sense, is absolutely ludicrous, and calls to mind Plan 9 From Outer Space, Atlanta Nights, Half-Life: Full-Life Consequences, or Big Rigs Over The Road Racing, here is the place.

Rules
1. I should clarify right now that this is PBP, not maptools or IRC or anything.
2. From each player, I'll need one d20 Modern sheet, ideally hosted on Myth-Weavers.com. Players are encouraged to be as bizarre as possible with their characters. Internal consistency is allowed but not recommended. External consistency is not expected or recommended.
3. Feel free to use material from the core handbooks. Check with me before getting stuff from any of the other ones, but I'm not outright banning anything yet, save for the thingamajig that gives you free feats that you can abuse to become the next Bill Gates in a matter of minutes using Windfall.
4. 42 point buy, because what's a B-movie without an invincible hero?
5. Max HD at first level, I'll roll for everything past that.
6. SRD is available here. Everything else is available here. If you have any questions about anything not covered in those, ask me.
7. I reserve Rule 0 and the Golden Rule. What I say goes, and if something goes against the rules but it would be more fun to break them I'm well within my boundaries to let it happen.

Players (1/5)
My Name Is Immaterial
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:43:23 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Character Name and the Noun Phrase: d20 Modern ─ B-Movie Edition (0/5)
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 10:02:57 pm »

Ptw
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:51:48 am by My Name is Immaterial »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Character Name and the Noun Phrase: d20 Modern ─ B-Movie Edition (1/5)
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 01:36:40 pm »

My sheet. It's almost done, just need to gear up. Rolled a 2 and a 3 for wealth bonus. Can I have a Beam Sword? I can afford it if I take a ten.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 02:36:05 pm »

I insist that you do.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 04:29:52 pm »

To be honest, I was expecting a bigger turnout. If we don't get anybody else in a week or so I'll give it another run at some indeterminate point in the future.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 05:08:01 pm »

Sounds good. If it doesn't work out, hit me up if you run it up again.