Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FuFo2 Brainstorming Questions  (Read 3195 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: FuFo2 Brainstorming Questions
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2015, 09:15:25 pm »

Well, I tried:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:DISTILL_ETHANOL]
[NAME:distill ethanol fuel]
[BUILDING:STILL:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:DRINK:NONE:NONE_NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:BREWING]

But this seems to do it without any actual inputs.  I linked the still to an empty stockpile and it was still able to perform the reaction. 

Also, this was unexpected, taking away wood from the civilization also takes away all reactions that require fuel.  The traders do not bring any metals, weapons or armor and they don't have any bins to store leather or cloth.  I also disabled the wood burner job, maybe that's what's required instead of wood specifically. 

Also, the non-wood civ are monkey people.  I gave them prehensile tails with GRASP and this seems to work, but they wear gloves on their hands and prefer to grasp their weapons with their tails instead of their hands.  It's a little weird, but I can put up with it.  It would also be cool to give them grasping feet, but I doubt that would be handled well by the system.  For now, they have STANCE_CLIMBER to portray that.

[REAGENT:A:1:DRINK:NONE:NONE_NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:DRINK:NONE:NONE:NONE]

EDIT: Also you may need to grab the container as well?
   [REAGENT:water:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:water container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:water]
      [NOT_IMPROVED]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
Above is just an example, you'd have it say CONTAINS:A that way it should grab anything that has a DRINK in it

Arrrrgh, typos!  I'm so used to the compiler yelling ERROR:SYNTAX that I'm not being as eagle-eyed about it in DF modding. 

Thanks!  Works perfectly now.  Boy I sure do love those sneaky little complexities...

The monkeys are working without any other unexpected problems popping up.  I think at this point I can input the old staples Vulps, Lagomers and Komodos and do an initial release with what I've got.  Thanks to everyone who's been helping out. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:18:22 pm by AceSV »
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.
Pages: 1 2 [3]