Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Klauze III (Warhammer 40k suggestion game)  (Read 3874 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Klauze III (Warhammer 40k suggestion game)
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2015, 09:21:51 pm »

Well, I agree with everything in the above post, as I was assuming stuff for my orders, so changing to that. Also, what presence does the Adeptus Mechanius have on this world?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2015, 09:24:18 pm »

Well, I agree with everything in the above post, as I was assuming stuff for my orders, so changing to that. Also, what presence does the Adeptus Mechanius have on this world?
Hopefully not much, as we don't get along well with them, so at least this isn't a Forge World...

Apparently putting speakers, mics, sound dampers, and vox casters on every available surface on that Dreadnought freshly shipped from Mars wasn't appreciated. Can't imagine why.  :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 09:28:51 pm »

"It's not our vault we needed a distraction, and what better distraction then imperial anthem number 27934698*/?"

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2015, 08:00:28 am »

Average. Most are on the field helping repair equipment or helping out with the communications. Update later today.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2015, 08:09:34 pm »

Imperial Voices

The chapter master knowing that the threat is urgent and in need of remedies agrees to do all he can immediately. The Governor smiles and thanks him profusely for his help as expected of a man receiving the help of the Emperors most powerful warriors in his planets time of need. Within the hour drop pods land on both sites as well as other objectives set up to scout and disrupt the Ork's forces.

Objective 1 - Material Caravan

A PDF officer speaks to a Imperial Guard officer...
"Colonel we are done putting all materials in the caravan, as per instruction. We are ready to move out now.". The Colonel looking worried nods his head and is about to vox in orders to move out, obviously not wanting to be caught in a fight with the Greenskins out in the open. Emperor knows that the axes that have taken so many of his comrades and cadre will cut through him just the same if given the chance. Suddenly 5 I. Voices ((Tell me what you guys think about paraphrasing)) drop pods fall from the sky with 180 space marines stepping out guns at the ready.

The PDF are ecstatic at the arrival cheering the Emperors name and taking their hats off in honor of their new allies. The IG Colonel voxes in through his channel "Gentleman lets return to base with these materials and with the protection from the Emperor. Today marks a new point in the conflict." He voxes out.

Some 30 miles from the front line though the Orks are spotted moving in 5 different mob bikes towards your caravan. The Colonel voxes to continue the caravan nonetheless but ordering his men to ready for a fight. He clearly has gained much confidence with the arrival of your chapter. Will his hopes be crushed?

----------------

Objective 2 - Holding the line

5 more pods land but this time at the grand line that is suppose to be keeping the Greenskins out of a valley that connects to another Hive city. However, this line had little. Very few bunkers with 2 long trenches dug out and scaatered to help with movement. Machine guns were very none existent also possibly due to looting by the Orks in night raids against the line.

But just like before the Voices made a Grand Entrance as 5 whole companies stepped on to the field. But it was not so simple as the Orks had sent a large attack force of Lemans and Flash Gitz into a suacide charge on 2 positions. One is a bunker with machine gun empalcements going off and guardsman barracading the doors and trenches. A site of true honor and death. The mark of the Imperial Guard and PDF on this planet.

The other is a less defended spot with a trenches filled with soldiers firing las guns and primitive metal bullets at the orks. You can tell the militia is here also due to a large lack of uniforms, that or the PDF is in worse straits than imagined. What shall the Emperors finest do?

((This is all i'm writing due to time constraints. Alot of internships, Algebra, Coding, and general meatspace stuff is going down tommorow. See ya soon.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Imperial Voices: 100% with 1000/1000 troops deployed. (Not counting the Sisters)
IG: Unknown numbers. Reinforcements in 3 weeks (3 Turns).
PDF: ~10%
Orks: ~Large?

((Also how's my SG going? More story/less story. For whoever cares i'm rolling D10 for results. IG will run if shocked enough and Orks will to (albeit harder to do...since ya know Orks), and Space Marines will just die fighting. They can be pinned down/paralyzed with massive fire but ultimately death is the only way they leave the field. Or with victory whatever comes to them.))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:16:11 pm by 3man75 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2015, 08:25:11 pm »

((I would perhaps recommend taking a few hours to read up about Space Marine tactics; you said 5 Drop Pods for 180 Space Marines. A single Drop Pod carries 12 marines, typically. That's before vehicles and dreadnoughts, as well. There are usually some  Dreadnoughts in the Chapter who fight alongside their battle brothers, perhaps one or two per Company, or in this case, zero to two per Choir depending on their fighting style. And then, of course, there are the dozens of Rhinos, perhaps one or two Land Raiders throughout the entire Chapter, Predator tanks, Whirlwinds, the various air vehicles, and so on.))

((I would say more story, as I always will for 40k based games. The setting is the real bit worth anything, and that's what it's nice to see. For example, the Imperial Voices are not suicidal; they conduct retreats. That's part of how the more tactical Astartes work, and with their emphasis on coordination, while they probably will never run entirely from the warzone as a whole, they will conduct fighting retreats if it means they can more capably bring retribution upon the Emperor's foes at another time.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2015, 08:27:18 am »

((I would perhaps recommend taking a few hours to read up about Space Marine tactics; you said 5 Drop Pods for 180 Space Marines. A single Drop Pod carries 12 marines, typically. That's before vehicles and dreadnoughts, as well. There are usually some  Dreadnoughts in the Chapter who fight alongside their battle brothers, perhaps one or two per Company, or in this case, zero to two per Choir depending on their fighting style. And then, of course, there are the dozens of Rhinos, perhaps one or two Land Raiders throughout the entire Chapter, Predator tanks, Whirlwinds, the various air vehicles, and so on.))

((I would say more story, as I always will for 40k based games. The setting is the real bit worth anything, and that's what it's nice to see. For example, the Imperial Voices are not suicidal; they conduct retreats. That's part of how the more tactical Astartes work, and with their emphasis on coordination, while they probably will never run entirely from the warzone as a whole, they will conduct fighting retreats if it means they can more capably bring retribution upon the Emperor's foes at another time.))

((First. I shall attempt to read the lexicanum or lexicalum. Whatever it's called. Also yes, the Imperial Voices aren't just acupela they have clown genes :p.

Second. Tell me which company has WHAT exactly. At this rate i'll say that all armor is accompanying the 11th and 12 companies choirs. Sorry but It's too much time sorting and I only like the story bit an rolling bits. An the orks dying and reviving through spore nests bit.

Third. That was not inside the post. Can you PM me everything about them and then we'll start? I don't want mid-story to throw in a hard event or for a new ability to suddenly appear in the Voices. That'd be too RPG and not warhaamerish. Plus it's hard to keep track after awhile. I'm not doing this to limit the game but to save it from being overly complicated. That said, the voices will retreat only when directly ordered too (Such as in a suggestion).

Fourth. Could you put spaces between the choirs.

Ex: Choir 1, 4, and 7. (Mission 1)

Choir 2,3, and 6. (Mission 2).

It's easier to read when there are spaces in-between and it sucked having to decypher this:

The First, Second, Eleventh, and Twelfth Choirs will begin conducting rapid, blitzkrieg style counter-assaults on Ork positions and mobs, aiming for leaders in an attempt to regain momentum, put the greenskins on the defensive, and force them back to their natural state of disorder and infighting as much as possible.
Fourth and Fifth Choirs will conduct hit-and-run attacks, sabotage, and intelligence missions, penetrating Ork lines to give us a view of the situation. As always, scouting and survival is the priority. This should also assist in pushing the green tide back long enough for the lines to reform.
Third Choir is on standby to assist other choirs at need in emergency situations, particularly those involved in assaulting greenskin mobs.

I applaud the bolding but theirs a bit much no?

Rest of the update to hit later today at a forum near you :D

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2015, 08:39:18 am »

Perhaps instead of bolding the whole thing, do something like this:

Quote from: Example
The strategy will be the following:

The First, Second, Eleventh, and Twelfth Choirs will begin conducting rapid, blitzkrieg style counter-assaults on Ork positions and mobs, aiming for leaders in an attempt to regain momentum, put the greenskins on the defensive, and force them back to their natural state of disorder and infighting as much as possible.
Fourth and Fifth Choirs will conduct hit-and-run attacks, sabotage, and intelligence missions, penetrating Ork lines to give us a view of the situation. As always, scouting and survival is the priority. This should also assist in pushing the green tide back long enough for the lines to reform.
Third Choir is on standby to assist other choirs at need in emergency situations, particularly those involved in assaulting greenskin mobs.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2015, 02:01:03 pm »

Now I know the Choirs invovled for which task. The extra is so that I can quickly/paraprhase read through the actions to know their actions. Please notice the spaces used between one choir/mission and the other.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 10:05:04 am »

Now I know the Choirs invovled for which task. The extra is so that I can quickly/paraprhase read through the actions to know their actions. Please notice the spaces used between one choir/mission and the other.
+1 to that plan
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 02:07:53 pm »

Funk that was an example. Everyone wants to send each and every soldier out now. An for good reason. I'll be updating later today after I re-write my resume people. I got a job offer from a friend who works in IT and alot of school work that has been cutting in.

I really want to continue this game and not let it die at page 10. My goal is 10 updates and then 20. See ya for later tonight gents and ladies.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2015, 05:00:43 pm »

((Retconing last post so to trow the Imperial Voices at their actual drop points.))

Imperial Voices

The chapter master knowing that the threat is urgent and in need of remedies agrees to do all he can immediately. The Governor smiles and thanks him profusely for his help as expected of a man receiving the help of the Emperors most powerful warriors in his planets time of need. Within the hour drop pods land on both sites as well as other objectives set up to scout and disrupt the Ork's forces.

-----

Objective 1 - Material Caravan

A PDF officer speaks to a Imperial Guard officer...
"Colonel we are done putting all materials in the caravan, as per instruction. We are ready to move out now.". The Colonel looking worried nods his head and is about to vox in orders to move out, obviously not wanting to be caught in a fight with the Greenskins out in the open. Emperor knows that the axes that have taken so many of his comrades and cadre will cut through him just the same if given the chance. Suddenly hundreds of Imperial Voices drop pods fall from the sky with 180 space marines stepping out guns at the ready.

The PDF are ecstatic at the arrival cheering the Emperors name and taking their hats off in honor of their new allies. The IG Colonel voxes in through his channel "Gentleman lets return to base with these materials and with the protection from the Emperor. Today marks a new point in the conflict." He voxes out.

Some 30 miles from the front line though the Orks are spotted moving in 5 different mob bikes towards your caravan. The Colonel voxes to continue the caravan nonetheless but ordering his men to ready for a fight. He clearly has gained much confidence with the arrival of your chapter. Will his hopes be crushed?

Enemy: 200 Orks riding Ork-Bikes.

-------
Objective 2 - Defending the lines
Hundreds of other drop pods continuously drop not too far of its brethern. They land harmoniusly somewhat behind lines of Imperigal Guardsmen, PDF, and militia unitis guarding a long trench with few bunkers between. The choirs rollout almost immieditely to cover up the gaps and intercept Ork probing assaults of mostly shootas. The voices have an overweliming majority over these dysfunctional small mobs and roast them in the Emperors light. Bolters crack skulls and flames from promethium liquids crawl up Ork bodies as Sisters of Battle from a nearby abbey support their newest ally to defend Klauze III.

-------
Objective 3 - Infiltration/Scouting mission
Drop pods continue to drop but possibly the most important skirmish is to be had when the drop pods of the fourth and fifth choir touchdown on a plain of ruined human corpses and an abandoned factory district. The Choirs mobilize squads checking the builidngs one by one and killing off Ork straglers and gretchins. Inside they see Leman Russ battle tanks pained red presumaably using the bodies of the fallen soldiers. Large barrels of "paintzes" are filled with blood and bile scattering around some of the main assembly lines.

A gretchin is seen running inside the bathroom yelling
"VWEL GETZ JOU FOR DIS!" as it scampered inside a huge tunnel inside the middle of the floor. The tunnel inside looks very large but squads are asking permision before entering a potential Xeno's hive.

--------

((Decisions needed for Choirs fourth and fifth on whether to pursue the Gretchin, destroy the facilities (denying Orks their Tank lootage), and or leaving it alone for re-captrue. Remember their behind the enemies lines and advancing is currently out of the picture due to lack of numbers.

Also we need orders for the First, Second, Eleventh, and Twelfth Choirs who are fighting alongside remants of the PDF/IG caravan. (Also behind enemy lines)

Sending out forces from the front to help either squad is possible but they will most likely be seen and engaged. For all intents and purposes their mostly on their own unless the dice gods are with you. No dice rolling just yet btw.))

Imperial Voices: 100% with 1000/1000 troops deployed. (Not counting the Sisters)
IG: Unknown numbers. Reinforcements in 3 weeks (3 Turns).
PDF: ~10%
Orks: ~Large?

Below are your Choirs and specializations. All vehiculars are on the ships or with squads 11 and 12.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:02:46 pm by 3man75 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]