Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone heard of this site?  (Read 1924 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone heard of this site?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 03:24:53 pm »

So many properties for 1$.... I wonder if you get your deposit back when the transaction goes through.  (as that's technically what a deposit is...)

The government can still refuse the highest bid, so there isn't any chance of getting a building for $1, unfortunately.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 05:30:44 pm »

Edit: Oh, you know, just browsing "household/personal" for some used appliances around the house, wait, what's this? 52 police clubs, just what I was looking for!
From "Baton" Rogue, no less. (I guess somebody wanted them painted black, though.)

Oh, I know it's tiny by industry standards, but this is coming from R&D and there's a fair amount left over, which is what makes me curious.
Maybe it was a Christmas prank gone too far.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:32:44 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 05:47:03 pm »

There's a power wheelchair for $25 just a few miles from me. Could be fun to dick about with and try to build a tiny 1-man tank.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 05:50:32 pm »

Considering the seven hundred plus tons of coal left over, I'd instead say it's a christmas prank that didn't go far enough.

... though to the power wheelchair, don't fall for the trap. First you get one for 25 bucks, fail to get anything done with it, and consign it to a barn. Then, a powered scooter. Then another powered wheelchair. Soon, you've got a half dozen of the damned things, none of them work, and you're always making excuses about fixing the battery or the wheels or whatever when in reality they're just slowly going to rot as you sink more money into a project that will not only not produce anything of worth, but will continue to eat your savings bit by bit, eventually leaving your children with a dozen worthless mobility devices they can't even give away, each with enough money sunk into them to buy a new car. Don't go down that path RK. Not so soon.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 06:42:52 pm »

If it's being used to build a one man tank, it's obviously justified, no matter the slippery slope that results. Go down the path, RK. Very soon.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 09:31:33 pm »

If there was a second he could buy, would it be better to make one two-man powered wheelchair tank, two one-man powered wheelchair tanks, or a single one man powered wheelchair tank with twice the power of a regular one?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 09:36:58 pm »

Oh hey, this looks pretty cool. Most of the stuff seems to be on sale because it's useless, but I'm seeing at least a thing or two that might be worth the effort.

If there was a second he could buy, would it be better to make one two-man powered wheelchair tank, two one-man powered wheelchair tanks, or a single one man powered wheelchair tank with twice the power of a regular one?

Screw other people, go for the big one!
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 10:16:50 pm »

If there was a second available, obviously he'd make them both one man tanks, but with the ability to connect their power sources to allow one to drive underneath rivers instead of using bridges.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 10:19:50 pm »

Found 22 pairs of black leather(?) combat boots up for $25 in Alabama, IIRC. You could probably make a decent chunk of change flipping some of the stuff on there if you had the skills to refurbish it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 [2]