Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Happy Birthday!  (Read 618 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday!
« on: August 22, 2015, 11:51:50 am »

To join this thread, all you need to do is send a PM to someone whose birthday it is on that day, and inform them about the existence of this thread by providing a link to it in the PM. Then post here the name of the person who you wished a happy birthday. You can only wish a happy birthday to someone who wasn't wished one before and someone who isn't already part of this thread. Once you have joined, you will receive and give the following benefits to the other members:

-If you are running a game, one of your players is part of this thread, and his birthday is between the last turn and the one you are writing up, he receives a +2 to his action.

-If the action has to do with extinguishing fire, eating cake, or throwing a party, he automatically rolls just below an overshoot instead (5 on a d6).

-If you are part of a game and the GM is part of this thread and his/her birthday is within three days of the time you are posting your action, you must have your character wish him a happy birthday, somehow.

-If you are the GM and a player who is part of this thread does not follow the above rule, you are authorized to give a -1 to the next actions of everyone allied with him (and him), or just give a -2 to his next action.

I've joined this thread because I wished a happy birthday to LASD.

EDIT: The person you are wishing a happy birthday to must have been active in the last 30 days.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 11:58:03 am by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 11:05:44 am »

No. It's more like a club. Being a member will mean that you will be given bonuses from other members if it's your birthday, but you'll have to give bonuses to them if it's theirs. And by bonuses I mean literal +s to rolls and birthday shout-outs in RP games and RTDs where the GM is a member.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 11:09:01 am »

This will never catch on.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:42:17 pm »

:(
Money!