Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Narrative By Trope: The ReReturn  (Read 3503 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Narrative By Trope: The ReReturn
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 08:44:25 pm »

World Half Full: Moreso than the show -- the movie IS called The Light Rising, after all. By the end of the movie, order is returning, Derek and Slyv are leaning on each other to fix their respective mental problems, and [the sun is finally fully visible, not merely shining through the dust.]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:46:23 pm by Powder Miner »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 08:58:14 pm »

Heartwarming Moments: The ending sequence. [Derek, David, and Slyv watching the sunrise from the top of the Museum of Science and Industry. David and Slyv are holding hands. The music adds to it. ]
Derek: Nice day.
Slyv: Indeed.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 02:23:32 pm »

Cool Big Sis: Nanoha. She obviously cares deeply for Hideaki, her first action after the Norwegian Raid is to try and cheer everyone up, and she's a great source of moral support for the whole cast. Is it any wonder the Untamed Stallion kills her?

Affably Evil: Randall, despite the things he does, is a great guy once you get to know him, and the main reason he leaves the main characters alone is just because he likes them.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 03:32:01 pm »

Sorry for double post, buuut...

Soundtrack Dissonance: Ember cheerfully butchering people to In the Hall of the Mountain King. She even does some Mickey Mousing near the end!
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.
Pages: 1 [2]