Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Most Epic Conflict of All Time.  (Read 993 times)

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Most Epic Conflict of All Time.
« on: June 18, 2016, 06:14:53 am »

Two angry farmers fighting for a patch of grass. Truly, a tale for the ages.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: The Most Epic Conflict of All Time.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 02:59:53 pm »

Hey, grazing rights can be a pretty big deal when your livelihood depends on raising animals.

I know some war causes are based on certain ethical clashes (treatment of animals, treatment of plants, displaying of trophies, consumption of sentient beings) but what about this one?  Trespassing, perhaps?  Or can wars break out without ethical conflicts now?

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Most Epic Conflict of All Time.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 03:18:22 am »

Hey, grazing rights can be a pretty big deal when your livelihood depends on raising animals.

I know some war causes are based on certain ethical clashes (treatment of animals, treatment of plants, displaying of trophies, consumption of sentient beings) but what about this one?  Trespassing, perhaps?  Or can wars break out without ethical conflicts now?

I've seen wars over grazing rights, water rights, rights of ways, and disagreements over treaties. Seems like there's some sort of invisible political system.

These types of wars also tend to break out between same-civ groups, so I think they're more civil conflicts, and civ-on-civ conflicts are fought over more ethical reasons. Makes some kind of sense to me.