Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rimworld:Crashtown  (Read 1403 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rimworld:Crashtown
« on: July 15, 2015, 09:57:28 pm »

It wasn't supposed to happen. They said this sector was safe, that the navy keeps up it's patrols and the bandits don't dare show their faces here. Well, it happened anyways. You were forcibly awoken from your cryosleep to the dsunds of alarms and explosions as pirates boarded the transport you had taken passage on in search of loot and slaves to sell. Well, no choice but to hit the escape pods with whatever you can loot yourself in order to survive and evade them, which now brings up your current situation:crashing down on an unknown planet with two other people who had the same idea, not knowing if you can work together to survive or just go crazy and kill each other. What now?

This is a multiplayer suggestion game where you guys create a character and work together to survive the harsh realities of crash-landing out on the rimworlds-or, just kill each other, whichever comes first. Here's how the game works:

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

The ultimate goal is up to you guys. Do we create a lasting colony on this world, or do we research ship tech and build an escape boat out of this hellhole and hopefully to a more civilized sector?

First three to post a char are in, the rest go on the waitlist. However, as the game goes there may be events that bring in more colonists to your fledgling colony, so don't worry if you get waitlisted, you might not be waiting long!

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rimworld:Crashtown
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 09:58:01 pm »

Reserved
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 09:58:28 pm »

Reserved(If needed)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 10:56:55 pm »

Reserving a spot!

Name: Jon
Skills:
Each character gets 20 points to spend, divided among the following:

5 crafting, 5 medicine, 5 growing, 5 research

Backstory: Jon was a scientist researching biological functions of various life forms. Well, that's one way to put. Jon was conducting illegal genetic engineering experiments out here in the rim worlds where the fuzz was less likely to find him. He is a brilliant, but also somewhat mad, scientist with a few kinks in his system. He has been contaminated by his research more than a couple of times and as a result may or may not be genetically unstable. This never really bothers Jon, in fact he sees it as the greatest scientific persuit. He can observe and record his own experiences in the name of science. That being said, when the pirates boarded the ship Jon grabbed a fair amount of tech and biomass before escaping to the rim world.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:08:03 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 11:03:17 pm »

Note you actually have to have a completed char sheet to reserve a spot:P first three char sheets win

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 08:43:51 am »

Well it looks as if I was pretty safe  :P I thought people would jump on this. Who doesn't want to explore an alien world? Sounds cool to me. free bump!
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 09:08:59 am »

Name: Eric
Skills: 5 Shooting, 5 Melee, 2 Construction, 2 Mining

Backstory: Ever since he was young, Eric loved fighting. Fist fights, knife fights, even gun fights. At a young age, he was kicked out of the only school in the backwater colony they lived on for fighting, and ended up helping his dad hunt. He learned how to shoot, and, when he grew up, he enlisted as a security guard on a ship. He had a steady job, looking like a competent guard for almost ten years, before the Pirates attacked. Instead of guarding like he was supposed to, Eric made it to a pod and escaped.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:28:01 am by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 09:13:02 am »

Name: Eric
Skills: 5 Shooting, 5 Melee, 3 Construction, 3 Mining

Backstory: Ever since he was young, Eric loved fighting. Fist fights, knife fights, even gun fights. At a young age, he was kicked out of the only school in the backwater colony they lived on for fighting, and ended up helping his dad hunt. He learned how to shoot, and, when he grew up, he enlisted as a security guard on a ship. Unfortunately for them, said ship was boarded by pirates on the first run, and he barely made it to an escape pod.

Counting your points, you're over by two :P. Remember, Passionate requires 3 extra points total(one for interested, two for passionate on top of that)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 09:27:44 am »

Oh, right. Fixed.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 10:17:01 am »

Name:Urist
Skills: 17 Mining

Urist is you ultimate miner, he dont know why he is to do anything but digging. It seems like he is born for it and he is great at doing it. He is the ultimate human bulldozer.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 12:12:17 pm »

Name: Rei
Skills: 5 Research, 4 Crafting, 3 Construction, 2 Social

Backstory: As a kid Rei always loved to build things especially complex machinery. As he got older he studied in a tech school on a frontier colony, He learned to build more advanced machinery as a side job while in school and studied topics on research as major in college. After finishing his degree he signed up onto a ship as crew member before pirates boarded and forced him to flee in escape pod.   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:17:04 pm by flazeo25 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 01:10:11 pm »

Can I still get into this? Looks like fun, since I like the game (even though it loves to hate me), and I never thought I would see a RPG variant.

Im kinda sad that better skills dont give you more things you can make, or that age gives more skills but more injuries aswell... Of course, I can see why you did it this way.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 01:21:28 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 10:09:02 pm »

Welcome! You'll probably be hanging on the waitlist for a bit until a +colonist event, but yeah, you can get in. Speaking of, I'm gonna let signups run for a week so we have a healthy pool of waitlisters(since I can't be assed to roll up random colonists to control :P)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 10:54:47 pm »

A week? That's a long time around these parts.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2015, 08:10:17 am »

bump