Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: caged magma man inaccessible?  (Read 1164 times)

Artichaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
caged magma man inaccessible?
« on: July 13, 2015, 02:52:42 am »

I have a caged magma man in the first cavern, but nobody come to take the cage. There is no way they say, but i don't know why. There is no fire, no ash.

I already have a problem with a caged fire imp. The dwarves don't want to walk on ashes ?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: caged magma man inaccessible?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 03:54:15 am »

Way too hot. They'd burn their flesh off trying to move them. Fire imps are a scalding temperature (127°F), magma men are... well I'm sure you can guess.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:02:08 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Artichaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 06:31:45 am »

Ok. But the cage blocks the way, how can i remove it?

By flooding with water?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:34:31 am »

Maybe. Flood with water, disable temperature, empty water, handle cage, enable temperature. You might be able to do it without disabling temperature if your dwarf can get to the tile before it heats up again. They'll need medical treatment after hauling it.

Or just atomsmash the cage with a cave-in (or drawbridge if you want to push the cage using water flow.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:38:21 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

mobucks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 04:13:01 pm »

I think it's a bug. I use DFhack autodump.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 03:53:14 am »

I think it's a bug. I use DFhack autodump.
It's not. Dwarves won't path through tiles that are too hot.