Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some item types not being stockpiled anymore -- nvm, I derped.  (Read 807 times)

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

After having my new fortress run quite a while now (11 years), mechanisms and bags suddenly don't get carried to the stockpiles or be put into minecarts anymore. I didn't change anything, as far as I remember, and it worked fine until some time ago.
I tried removing all stockpiles and making a new stockpile for it - which didn't fix it; and I tried retiring and reclaiming, but that causes three of my dwarves to go missing (checked on Legends mode; it says they are still in the fortress); one being my baroness, manager and bookkeeper, causing the game to crash upon leaving the nobles/adminstration screen. The stockpile bug seemed to be gone though.

(I got DFHack and had Stockflow enabled, didn't use it though. I read somewhere that that thing causes problems sometimes? I disabled it now, but I guess the damage might already be done...)
Any way to fix this?

Also noticed that my refuse stockpile and minecart both don't care about having fire snakes (remains) disallowed ... my dwarves still keep putting them in there with undesirable consequences.

EDIT: The problem actually affects all Furniture items...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:20:07 pm by SyrusLD »
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Some item types not being stockpiled anymore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 12:59:24 pm »

Could the problem be under {o}rders, "dwarves collect furniture"?

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 01:10:46 pm »

Oh armok damn it. Excuse me while my face meets a wall for a minute...

Didn't even think about that since I only ever change the refuse-collection setting at some early point in my fortress' life and then leave everything else as is...
Clumsy me must've hit that menu at some point and changed it accidently. Probably while designating traffic areas, since I think it started shortly after that.

Meh, meh...thank you very much! Yet another pointless thread being made because I have derped again. Well, slowly I learn.

But wait, what about the fire snakes being put into a stockpile that clearly doesn't allow them?
Or am I misunderstanding the settings a bit; I have set:
Item Types - everything except for fresh raw hides <- does "remains" allow ALL kinds of remains, including those pesky snakes?
Corpses - everything except for fire snakes
Body Parts - everything except for fire snakes

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 01:52:42 pm »

...Clumsy me must've hit that menu at some point and changed it accidently...

np - I wouldn't have thought of it unless I'd done it too, and just the other day. Always hitting accidental keys in that menu, and "collect furniture" is one of the more obscure ones, that you just never think of.

No idea about the fire snakes, but I've seen "body parts" include sub-categories (like "teeth") when def NOT selected. Buggy?

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 03:58:46 pm »

...Clumsy me must've hit that menu at some point and changed it accidently...

np - I wouldn't have thought of it unless I'd done it too, and just the other day. Always hitting accidental keys in that menu, and "collect furniture" is one of the more obscure ones, that you just never think of.

No idea about the fire snakes, but I've seen "body parts" include sub-categories (like "teeth") when def NOT selected. Buggy?
Good to know that it's not just me hitting all the wrong buttons...!

Refuse stockpiles seem weird. I had one that only allowed "Corpses - Fire Snakes" and "Body Parts - Fire Snakes". Guess what...my dwarves never brought the fire snake remains there, but they sure decided that the Werehedgehog's corpse had to go there (unlike my main refuse stockpile, this one was down at magma-level). Really don't get that. Guess I need to look for a nethercap minecart for that refuse route, the others are going up in smoke every now and then.
Hmmmm...thinking about it, wouldn't a nethercap minecart with fire snake remains in it work quite nicely as a refuse incinerator? Hrrr, once I get some of that wood I should test that!

EDIT: Took me quite some time, at first I thought it wasn't possible, but after having the nether-cap minecart be filled with more and more fire snake remains it suddenly had the items inside it burst into flames. It required 6 fire snake remains though, and one better be careful, anything else on that tile will also be subjected to heating!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:13:04 am by SyrusLD »