Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding dwarf speed?  (Read 2280 times)

Andayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding dwarf speed?
« on: July 11, 2015, 04:42:33 am »

Hi all,

I know this has been discussed a thousand times on the forums but all of the searches I did here only turn up old posts that are no longer relevant with the current RAW files.  I know that it used to be as simple as just adding [SPEED:XXX] to the dwarf section of the RAW file but that obviously does not work anymore.

After some digging around on the wiki and using google I've managed to make my dwarves faster by editing APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS etc.  This works for making the dwarves walk,run,swim and climb faster but does not seem to do anything for item creation in workshops etc.  I'm pretty sure the old [SPEED:xxx] line used to affect this.

Anyone offer any help on speeding up the dwarves workshop speeds?

I know this is classed as cheating, but this is purely for a second save that I will be using for mega structors and just general clowning about.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Modding dwarf speed?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 04:48:31 am »

Can't do it anymore with raws. The DFHack command "fastdwarf" is what you want.

Not sure if anyone cares about cheating, heheh.

Andayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 04:58:07 am »

Thanks for the reply Putnam,

I'll have to look into the dwarf hack command,  I have dwarf hack running on my save but i've never really tinkered with it.

mobucks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 11:53:07 pm »

I've always wished for A gameplay tweak to inverse the time it takes to make items of different quality levels. Meaning, a base quality item would take the least time to complete, and a masterwork would take the most time. Anyone know if this is possible with raw modding? Or should I bite the bullet and finally suggest it in the suggestions forum?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 12:00:38 am »

No, and it's already been suggested before. A lot. To me it seems like the second most common suggestion, with the first being economy stuff.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia