Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Instability (IC)  (Read 1136 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Instability (IC)
« on: July 04, 2015, 02:33:08 am »

Spoiler: Note from Kevak: (click to show/hide)

[14]

You've been enjoying a relatively relaxing day. You were given the day off on account of a.. Mishap during training, You maaaaaaaay have pulled a bit too much of your spine out. Obviously this caused some issues.

And pain.

You need to regrow your the lower part of your spine over the next few days, letting the nerves reconnect and the tendons heal. This isn't the first time you've accidentally done this, nor is this going to be the last time. Generally whenever you accidentally do this, Teacher gives you a day off. The rest of your 'sickdays' are spent having you go through a series of exercises in an effort to figure out what your Mental ability is. Although you have yet to find it, even after going through a rather large number of tests. You'll figure it out though. Just need some time.

You have the day to yourself for now however. You can't really move around too much on account of missing your lower spine, but you can most certainly read, draw, think at things and hope they spontaneously burst into flames, and do a fairly large assortment of things that don't involve moving too far from your current spot.

..Oh Bind you're going to be so bored.

[8]

You were hired by a relatively influential noble to steal an artifact from one of her rivals. It seemed like a simple job. Actually, it was pretty damn simple.

You literally waltzed right in. Nobody noticed. Nobody ever notices. Which is exactly how you like it. You even got to the chamber with the artifact. However.. You're in sort of a pickle. You can't quite.. Fit through the door. You're stuck. Your bulk has thwarted you once again. Eventually someone will come to check on the artifact, and although people tend to turn their heads to the elephant in the room.. They'll notice if you're directly in their path.

You need to get unstuck. Fast.

[2]

You are not having a pleasant day. It started off great. You encountered a nice prey animal and ate part of it. Was quite good.

In the middle of your meal however, a massive creature, at least three times your size came barreling out of the underbrush at you, roaring loudly. In your panic, you forgot your nice meal, bolting in a random direction. You have been traveling for a few darks now. Although you think you evaded the creature, forest seems.. Angry with your presence. You haven't seen a prey animal for over two darks, and you're getting quite hungry.

..You swear the trees are glaring at you.

[12]

You have been lounging under a fairly shady tree for a few ticks. A few sprints duskward are the Dawnshadow Wastes. You while you were playing a game of explorer with a few other local adolescents, you maaaay have agreed to track down a 'monster' that apparently killed some livestock and spooked a farmer. It fled towards the Wastes according to the farmer.

If you recall, The Dawnshadow Wastes are unsettled and have been so for at least an age. They are a polluted, withered land. Malevolence radiates from even the plants, and although they grow, they aren't exactly alive by any given definition.

You should probably get moving. Farmer promised payment if you could locate its den for the Guard.

Spoiler: Axa (Hugoluman) (click to show/hide)

[15]

You have been wandering the Shallows for some time. Having left your Tribe about five dozen Tides ago to go wandering. For the most part, those you have encountered have been pleasant, if uninterested or busy. You have told your tales and learned the tales of others. You have a number of tales now compared to the scant few you once had. However. Songs have proven.. Difficult to say the least. Many sapients that dwell within the Shallows lack even the capability to produce music. No appendages, no vocal cords.

However.. As you were swimming near the Incline earlier, you heard a most interesting song wafting up from the Depths. Perhaps you should go and see? Although there are stories about the Depths.. They are said to be quite dangerous. Sometimes, creatures from the Abyss get pulled upwards by a wayward current..

Those stories never end well.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:35:01 am by Kevak »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Instability (IC)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 05:07:54 am »

Saka sighed. Welp, can't do anything that's not unimaginably boring. Can't walk, can't practice my powers, can't even talk to myself too loud, the old man says it'll "alert the tribe". I mean, come on! They'll just think it's someone else; I can't sound that out of place, can I? Shifting slightly where she is perched, Saka moves to a more comfortable position. Most of the readable stuff around her has already been read a dozen times during these sickdays, and she didn't feel like drawing. Truth be told, she wasn't actually that sure why they hid her from the rest of the tribe. Unable to talk to more than three people because, what, some stupid birthmark? It was her opinion the old man should stop being so infatuated with 'tradition'.

Saka had heard the stories, of course. the nurser told her them when she was just a hatchling. About the mighty ancestors and their grounded cousins, the whole reason the tribe isn't massive when apparently chakoras are so much better than any other bird. she didn't tell anyone, but Saka sided with the other partridges more. They were pretty justified in what they did, if the tales were true.

Seeing nothing better to do, Saka yawned. Might as well go to sleep. closing her eyes, she did just that.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 07:00:57 am »

Curses. Well, I have defeated worse challenges before. Best just stay calm and see what I can do, not what I can't. Rajendra spoke to nobody in particular. Methodically, he looked around as questions arose in his mind. How is the chamber built? What else is in it? How did he get inside in the first place? What is the artifact, anyway? Which of his tools did he bring with him? They say elephants never forget, but that does not mean they don't make mistakes. Learning from them is important, how did he solve this the last time this happened?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 08:40:33 am »

Shoot a glare to my left and right while continuing to walk.

"Dumb forest! I'm not any worse than it!" I growl out.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 09:28:04 am »

I should probably get moving... Farmer promised a reward if I could locate it for the Guard.
Not like it matters... I'd probably have done it anyway.

Amata slowly stands up from the ground, stretching a little, and sets off.
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 11:49:07 am »

Axa thinks back on anyone she might have met along the shore in her recent travels. She hums to herself as she swims along, wondering what to do.

"A singer from the deep is down
There, down below the drown
-ing incline.
I wonder who it is?
Who it is?
I've got to see,
I've got to see.
Maybe they'll have a song for me?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 08:05:32 pm »

((SOOOO...))
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 08:18:59 pm »

((School stuff.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 08:24:13 pm »

((DAMN YOU, AMERICAN EDUCATION SYSTEM))
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 08:24:50 pm »

((Precollege actually.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 08:28:40 pm »

((IT'S STILL AMERICAN EDUCATION
*SHAKES FIST*))