Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Would this even be possible?  (Read 953 times)

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Would this even be possible?
« on: July 11, 2015, 02:21:45 am »

Maybe I'm insane, but would it be possible to mod DF in such a way that your fortress could be populated by forgotten beast characters? I don't know anything about modding, so I'll be asking out of complete ignorance. If it isn't directly possible, perhaps it might be indirectly so or something? I have no idea. I just like the idea of a fort populated by the forgotten beast tribe. 
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
Re: Would this even be possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 02:24:56 am »

I don't think it's possible to directly moddify Forgotten Beasts, because they are randomly generated. However, creating a race of forgotten beasts with tons of castes to sustain the feel of the timeless monsters should be possible. I could also be completely incorrect.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:06:26 pm »

A species with a buttload of castes should work, most of the time. Although, if you make a mistake that causes all materials of the creature to become "unknown creature frozen substance," it becomes really, really hard to find said error. @_@
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 06:42:35 am »

Someone modded in a demon civ using the raws of 32 generated demon types from a world as castes, so I think it should definitely be pretty easy for someone versatile with raws. Random-generation, not so much :(

Note: this guy's demon tribes never lost a battle, and I think they may have enslaved the entire world or something. Anyyway, an FB civ would not be too balanced in worldgen battles.
One wheel short of a wagon

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 04:56:53 pm »

The creature IDs for demons, forgotten beasts and other randomly generated creatures are available. Create an entity file with: CREATURE:DEMONx or CREATURE:FBx (I think these are correct?) where x is a number between 1 and however many were generated at world creation.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 09:15:00 pm »

DEMON_X

FORGOTTEN_BEAST_X