Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soldier Equipment  (Read 868 times)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Soldier Equipment
« on: July 07, 2015, 10:34:37 pm »

I have noticed many people saying that their dwarves do not pick up equipment. I think that this does not happen if you manually assign every piece of equipment. The dwarves pick up their equipment almost immediately after you assign it if you do this.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Soldier Equipment
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 01:03:20 am »

The main issue with that is that it's extremely time-consuming.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 06:01:52 am »

Good for equipping artifacts though.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 12:16:13 pm »

Generally the problem is that they haven't set it to replace clothing and the dwarves wear caps, boots, and mittens or something, blocking them from equipping other their armor.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 05:01:34 pm »

I always force them to ditch their clothes and only wear armor, i use exact armor, i pick out every armor one by one, i guess make them decide what IS faster, but doesn't always work.