Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Champions of the Wastes-A Fighting Game RPG  (Read 767 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Champions of the Wastes-A Fighting Game RPG
« on: July 06, 2015, 02:58:57 pm »

Society has fallen a long time ago

WWIII begun on the Mayan End of the world, on May 21st, 2012. Every major nation fought the bloody war of Armageddon. China beat the USA to a bloody pulp as payment for it's debt, and conquered the lands of the Red, White, and Blue as interest. Russia began its conquest of Europe under their Putin head, and the ISIS tide clashed violently along the Jerusalem shores. The high and mighty 1% were brought down with broken knees, and the poor rats of the 99% ate their still breathing corpses. Tribal wars sprung anew in Africa, and water drowned the rest, as the ice caps melted, the recently freed waters claiming the land it once own, and the angry sun bat down on the land and heads still exposed. All climaxed in nuclear war, with the radiation cleaning the rest of the filth, known as Humanity.

Roaches never truly go away

Remnants of Humanity were saved by the forward thought of broken governments. Huge Undercities were built, designed to hold hundreds of thousands of individuals in comfort, safety, and well-supply. However, millions poured into these cities like frightened arachnids, and the webs can hold only so many before breaking, no matter how strong they seem. The cities were enthralled in violence, various gangs fighting for limited resources for survival. In the end, many died, but few survived.

The scarred Earth is a living Hell

The radiation has turned the land nearly inhospitable, and the flora and fauna has become more hostile than ever. Rivers of lava flow in magma oases, toxic forests poison all who are not native, and robots gone mad have made massive cities of living steel, and the humans are deemed the most dangerous of all. The land is certainly dangerous, but as I said, MOSTLY inhospitable.

The Wastes are for the Taking

Those who lived in the Undercities have grown tough, and ambitious. They are in no way dissuaded by the horrors of this Brave New World! Onward they go! Like the Lamd Runs of Oklahoma, they rush out their claims, and build whole cities in days! Humanity will not be dissuaded, no! These were His lands before, and the new Manifest Destiny will make it so once More!

Your Part in this Story?

And as for you. You are a Champion, super humans, larger than life, one man armies. You are the hero, the villain. The front stage, and behind the scenes. You are the ones who will detail the new chapter of Humanity. As a Champion of the Wastes, your actions will steer Humans to former glory, or extinction. You will go forward headstrong, and lead on your ideology and ideals. You lead Humanity through the new frontier. The question is, what will be destination? The world is on your shoulders, will break under the weight, or hold it high in the sky? It is ultimately for you to decide.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:13:06 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Champions of the Wastes-A Fighting Game RPG
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 03:00:20 pm »

I plan for this game to be GM-less. If you want to play, start up a game, and invite friends to join you. Be sure to label your campaign though, to avoid confusion.

This guy helps a bit with character creation.
https://mymbunker.wordpress.com/2013/09/04/fight-the-fighting-game-rpg-an-introduction-and-overview-part-1-character-creation/

Character Concept:
(Be over the top and bold with these categories. Your basically a superhero in a crazy apocalyptic world, go all out. Take your character, and push him to the very extreme limits of cool and awesome.)

Name:

Apperance:

Fighting Style:

Life in the Wastes:

Reason for fighting:

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 05:21:58 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 04:16:41 pm »

Name: Enigma

Appearance: Enigma appears to be a man of dark skin, but he looks off. He appears to have been in the wastes all his life. His body looks accustomed to the heat and threat, from his rough skin to his hands being scraped and used. His eyes are dark, similar to his hair.

Fighting Style: Death Lord's fist, a style which Enigma created. It seems to heavily rely on agility, with emphasis on flying attacks and jumps.

Life in the Wastes: Enigma lives in a king-like fashion. He runs a group, settled in an area. The town is average at the point he's at, but it's efficient. He is their only leader, as nobody has come to challenge him. His people are constantly on the search for more places to conquer.

Reason for fighting: Put himself and any family he creates at the top of the new world in the wastes.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 05:02:10 pm »

Fun fact: at the time the events of this game first start, ISIS was known as the Islamic State of Iraq, or ISI. Also, Gangnam Style and Harlem Shake would not exist in this game's continuity. But the first Avengers movie also aired earlier that month.

I'm almost tempted to make a pop-culture obsessive character just to explore the slight cultural changes that occurred between then and now.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 05:46:47 pm »

That sounds pretty neat. And Enigma looks cool too.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 07:14:36 pm »

Name: Bob

Appearance: Bob is a short, stout bruiser. He has a pale, square face with a dimpled chin, and his skin is almost like that of plastic or porcelain, with no hair whatsoever on his body. On the back of his neck are raised letters, which spell out "Made in Chinamerica." He wears old, worn and torn, but durable clothing, his normal wear being baggy blue jeans, a wife beater tank top with an open grey hoodie, and a beanie, all of which is oil stained.

Fighting Style: Oilerman Brawling- An aggressive, almost berserk, style of fighting consisting of a relentless barrage of heavy blows and dirty fighting, intent on keeping the opponent in one spot and beating him to a pulp without a chance to react.

Life in the Wastes: Bob is an android who makes his home on a gigantic Chinamerican Oil Train. He is one of the members of the Oilermen, a small faction of hardy, tough, and brutal men and women who were once servants to a small fringe group of the Chinamerican Empire, before they rebelled and beat them down to oblivion. Now as free men, they ride along the rails of the Wastes, letting the train take them to whatever adventure comes next.

Reason for fighting: He fights to protect his new found freedom, and to right the wrongs committed against any of his Oilerman brothers or sisters.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 08:29:40 pm »

For the books, I am able to read them fully on my ipad without signing in, so I think that would work as a loophole. Just download the Scribd app, and you should be able to find these books and read them in full there. Sorry for the inconvenience, but that was how I was able to read these books in full.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian