Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A new use for companions  (Read 1745 times)

WingSoap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A new use for companions
« on: June 25, 2015, 07:34:56 am »

I just discovered something. I had 900-ish Roc meat, several stacks of 90 fisherberries and it really slowed me down.
Well, turns you can simply give all of it to your companions and they'll hold it in their hands, so when you get hungry just sheathe your weapons, grab the items and wrestle the out of their hand. Then after you ate just give them your food back.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: A new use for companions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 08:31:40 am »

Doesn't wrestling engage lethal combat? If you're unlucky you could receive a mortal wound before you can yield.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:34:49 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 10:22:15 am »

Doesn't wrestling engage lethal combat? If you're unlucky you could receive a mortal wound before you can yield.
You're better off trading for something worth in meat. Or make an adventurer reaction that produces an highly valuable item that poofs in the matter of seconds to get around trading stuff.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 10:06:53 pm »

Or you could do it like me an claim a lair. Nothing seems to rot in adventure mode, so I leave a cave full of meat by a major river in my world.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 10:45:55 pm »

Or you could do it like me an claim a lair. Nothing seems to rot in adventure mode, so I leave a cave full of meat by a major river in my world.
they kinda do but adventure mode the hours for meat to rot in fort mode would last a good month in this mode. it also helps you can tell companions to wait in an area if you feel like you want guards for your piles of meat.
"body swapping and YOU!"

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 11:43:01 pm »

Oh. My longest lasting adventurer was five months, but he wasn't stashing meat anywhere. Just made his home in an old necro tower. They're surprisingly comfortable to live in once you kill off the inhabitants. Had half my companions stay at that site, too. Brought them fresh equipment and fancy items like unicorn horns every week. Even had dragon eggs in the top.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

WingSoap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 05:57:24 am »

Since they have a bunch of food in their hands they'll probably attack you with it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 09:55:42 am »

Since they have a bunch of food in their hands they'll probably attack you with it.
Pulping your skull, no doubt.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 05:27:12 pm »

Right. Next up I'm making my own civilisation of people I've told to follow me, then left around, with riches, etc. I'll steal from the goblins and elves, perhaps, and fill somewhere with treasure.
One wheel short of a wagon

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 07:45:52 pm »

Right. Next up I'm making my own civilisation of people I've told to follow me, then left around, with riches, etc. I'll steal from the goblins and elves, perhaps, and fill somewhere with treasure.
you could leave an army to pick back up if you feel like having over 200 companions to raid and pillage folks.
but uhh usually you do that for wanting immortality or stopping 1 demon. and since there's no such thing as an ambush being 3 times the size of your companion count anymore(it seems) you don't end up regretting having all those people when facing 40 archers out of a 100 bandit group because you decided to field 50 companions.
"body swapping and YOU!"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 03:26:05 am »

I think that the leave behind-recruit-rerecruit thing is a glitch, and would only use it if I ever wanted to get invovled in a full scale war.
One wheel short of a wagon

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 01:57:44 pm »

I tried to do this with a titan skull

The dwarf didn't want to carry it

He's dead now