Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vaults are awful  (Read 2005 times)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
Vaults are awful
« on: July 03, 2015, 02:59:29 pm »

I don't know if it's just me, but Vaults are terrible. I've been into four of them, and have yet to find a slab at the end. I check legends to make sure there was no theft, and there wasn't. They just don't show up. And now I'm stuck in this Vault because I rested inside the vault and all the levers reset, so I'm stuck behind the slade bars, and I'm too much of noob to get any of the teleport scripts for dfhack working. All I wanted was to go to hell.

Stay out of Vaults
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Vaults are awful
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 03:07:50 pm »

Sometimes the stairs are on the same block as the lever, it was probably on a different level. The rewards from vaults are excellent, especially if you lug it to a fortress and unretire. Plus, one on one against the Archangel is the biggest challenge am adventurer can get, so thats a huge bragging right on it's own.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 03:10:42 pm »

Sometimes the stairs are on the same block as the lever, it was probably on a different level. The rewards from vaults are excellent, especially if you lug it to a fortress and unretire. Plus, one on one against the Archangel is the biggest challenge am adventurer can get, so thats a huge bragging right on it's own.

Yeah, I put the Archangel down in one hit, lol. And I meant that I rested in the vault, and then when I tried to go back the way I came, it was blocked by the slade bars I had taken down with levers. Levers that were now on the other side of those slade bars.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 10:38:51 pm »

Maybe it's been a while, but couldn't you just jump through the bars?

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 12:47:16 am »

Few of the vaults I've explored actually have a slab. Even when using DFhack to reveal the local area, I still couldn't find it.
As far as I can tell, some vaults have slabs and others don't (even though they're supposed to). Either it's not there or it's extremely well hidden.
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 12:52:26 am »

Every vault I've attacked has had a slab, for a grand total of two. I'm really bad at finding them.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.