Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Will humans homogenize?  (Read 10203 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Will humans homogenize?
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2015, 02:53:15 pm »

What about them?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2015, 06:11:54 pm »

Also I'd like to bring up India which has the Caste system...

There the nail in the homogenize coffin.

That and the fact that even America has several cultural subgroups within it... and America is a very "Conform or else" country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2015, 12:42:02 am »

I'm shocked by the amount of anti-miscegenation and not-pro-miscegenation sentiment on this forum
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2015, 02:12:38 am »

What? I only saw an "anti-forced miscegenation" sentiments.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2015, 02:16:18 am »

I'm shocked by the amount of anti-miscegenation and not-pro-miscegenation sentiment on this forum
The operative word here is forced. Or, at least, mandated.

Also, forcibly homogenizing the population in *ANY* way, with the most recent variant being keeping the 'races' 100% pure, is ridiculously irresponsible. Even with small variations in a population, you lose a ton of adaptability a 'chunky' genepool has, so you risk outright accidentally exterminating the human race once an epidemic or whatever hits.

For that matter, those differences are not just random variations, but adaptative traits. Removing 100% white people cuts off a variant that is evolutionarily optimized towards the conditions of relatively low sunlight regions like Northern Europe, and black people for very high for instance, and the resulting homogenous mix (presuming literally equal distribution of quantitive traits) would perform worse in *both*. Jack of all spades, master of none.

That's forgetting that a number of traits are recessive, and in a mix, they would be extremely suppressed in the macro-scale. You'd still get, say, blue eyed people, but that would be a random deviation from the mean, not a geographically preserved population with above-average frequency of the allele.

Interracial mixing is absolutely necessary - for much the same reasons, in fact - but the optimal number is neither 0% nor 100%. Possibly not 10% nor 90% either. So just let people screw whoever they want and not start weird mandatory homogenization campaign.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2015, 03:17:50 am »

Indeed, I'm against wigger, weaboo and oreo programs; I'm against "strongarming" cultures into destroying their own ethnic makeup, I'm against programs meant to force everyone to abandon Romance and blanda up because someone else told you to. That shit is fucking creepy. It's like marxism and nazism horseshoes all over again, the deeper down you go the more the two seem alike. When advocating destroying the races of the world I don't give two pennies as to whose sentiments lie where, it is destruction for destruction's sake and demanding validation from strangers does not an argument make. Interestingly, I'm not sure how you'd quite go about it either. Sure, as a consequence of globalization global minorities will likely disappear within the next 1000 years (providing we don't all die), or perhaps a few thousand more, give or take some isolated pockets here and there. But the Hindustani and Han races? Even the most enthusiastic forced miscegenation program would fail to dent their humongous population.

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2015, 02:41:36 pm »

... I'm against "strongarming" cultures into destroying their own ethnic makeup, I'm against programs meant to force everyone to abandon Romance and blanda up because someone else told you to. That shit is fucking creepy...

Pretty much my belief right there.

I also believe that the idea that mixing races can do anything to mitigate mistrust or improve understanding among others is misguided. You're (Bohandas) assuming this has anything to do with genetics, genetics are just an excuse for a natural, although possibly misguided, human trait to try and understand the world. Its not genes that make a people, its culture, and you're talking about the obliteration of nearly everyone's culture. We'd be left with an odd amalgamation of Chinese and Indian culture, with the occasional blue eyed person popping up rarely. If you aren't a member of one of those ethnic groups which make up the vast majority of the worlds population, you can bet anything from your culture you enjoy will be gone. Your music, food, family values, most likely none of it will survive unless it conforms to one of those ethnic group's preexisting culture.

I'm also against the idea of forcing anyone to do something in the name of "the greater good." Forcing people not to attack each other is defending the victims rights. Forcing people to procreate with others against their will is a gross violation of both parties rights. Doing so because we might (but most likely not) get a less hateful world isn't worth it. The past few centuries have been a great improvement in human rights. Your solution is at least on par with the holocaust. Sure, less agonizing torture and death, but far, far, more human rights violations (You know, at least one on every human being for a couple of generations) and the destruction of nearly all different ethnic groups.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2015, 04:11:17 pm »

But the group isn't any more destroyed than sugar is destroyed when it is dissolved in water

If I attach a bomb to a person and it explodes, it probably kills the person. But why? His matter is conserved.

You're suggesting we destroy all peoples of the world except whoever the majority is, but its not a crime because people were conserved. It seems pretty similar to feeding all of the people to a single person and claiming it not a crime because the matter is conserved.

I stand by my analogy and think that's a strawman, but perhaps salt in water would be a better analogy, because it's clearer that the solvent has undergone a change as well, saline will not quench your thirst (though it can still rehydrate you as part of IV therapy) though it still contains he same water as that original glass, [nor will it season your fries (though it can still correct an electrolyte imbalance) though it contains the original salt].
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2015, 01:24:20 am »

It's almost like some people don't want their culture and people forcibly destroyed.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2015, 01:29:36 am »

I went to the trouble of responding to isnotlogical's question in a reasonable and concise manner, and did so in the second post.  And you persons have spun it into an eight page discussion about removing freedom of choice, obliterating personal and cultural identity (and make no mistake, that is exactly what is being suggested here).  Isnotlogical, if you are still watching this thread please hells just lock it already.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2015, 02:03:18 am »

You're taking an obvious exaggeration far too seriously. Of course a forced breeding program would be going too far, BUT miscegenation should definitely be strongly encouraged.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2015, 02:51:11 am »

Yeah, this is getting a bit too toxic. I was mostly asking about the scientific feasibility, so that question is answered.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]