Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Don't Starve Together -- now available for all Don't Starve owners!  (Read 1306 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Woohoo!!

So, who wants to come starve with me?? I mean, NOT starve. Definitely not starve. At least, one of us won't. Because of the other one's tasty meatsacks.

I'm going to eat you, is what I'm trying to say.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Starve Together -- now available for all Don't Starve owners!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 05:52:28 pm »

I own Don't Starve on GoG, but I never got the expansion. So, where is DS Together available to people who own DS? Or is it because I don't have the expansion? (or maybe Together just isn't on GoG...)

Then again I only played maybe an hour or two >__>

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 06:07:52 pm »

I'm pretty patently terrible, but I have both Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 07:12:26 pm »

I own Don't Starve on GoG, but I never got the expansion. So, where is DS Together available to people who own DS? Or is it because I don't have the expansion? (or maybe Together just isn't on GoG...)

Then again I only played maybe an hour or two >__>

Afaik Don't Starve Together isn't on GoG because it uses the Steam Multiplayer stuff.

Anyways nice to see this finally happen, I was figuring that they were waiting for release to give old owners it.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 11:23:02 am »

I've been having so much fun with this in the last few weeks, playing with friends and roommates but not strangers, because I don't want it to be Don't Starve: Day-Z with fire.

Friends change everything: suddenly you need an industry, plans, contingencies etc for 2+, but you also have twice the time, inventory space and the ability to be in different places at the same time.

God I wish we could make and share our maps, perhaps with parchment. Then we wouldn't have to just narrate whatever we discovered to the others.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 12:23:08 pm »

Can you play this solo in offline or online mode? I ask because its getting several things that normal vanilla dont starve doesnt have.
Make love not war

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 01:20:06 pm »

Ok, I don't own either game, but this confuses me. If I buy Don't Starve Together, does it include the original and expansion? Or if I buy the original, then Together becomes free to buy? Or just people who had it earlier? Also does it include the expansion whether you bought it or not for the original game?

EDIT: Ok, I think I get it now. Previous owner of DS got DST earlier this month, new owners need to buy both games separately or as a pack for a big discount, or as a megapack which includes RoG. I'll probably get this next sale.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:25:49 pm by Sergius »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 07:50:15 pm »

I got DST though getting DS about a year ago.

I haven't even tried Together yet.  I don't have any friends to avoid starvation with.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 03:07:55 pm »

If you get DST, you get Reign of Giants free: you just need to create a friends only server and then not invite anyone for the single player experience.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 08:14:31 am »

If you get DST, you get Reign of Giants free: you just need to create a friends only server and then not invite anyone for the single player experience.

So it means that there is no more reason to buy dont starve vanilla + dlc, if you can get together that will have everything in it + more?
Make love not war

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 10:08:58 am »

So it means that there is no more reason to buy dont starve vanilla + dlc, if you can get together that will have everything in it + more?

Sort of. There are a few difference between Vanilla and Together even if you're just playing by yourself, even leaving out the Realm of Giants Stuff. I haven't played enough of either Together or RoG to really give a good review of it, though. Can you turn off RoG in Together? I know it's on by default.