Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Started a dedicated Terraria 1.3 server, DF-inspired  (Read 922 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Started a dedicated Terraria 1.3 server, DF-inspired
« on: July 03, 2015, 08:52:00 am »

Since the main thread seems to be about discussing loot, bosses, etc., I figured a new thread is ok.  I will delete this if not :-[

Anyways; In true Dorf fashion, I have embarked atop an Icy Tundra, bordered by Desert & Corruption.  If anyone is interested, just drop me a line.  I only ask that you bring a new-ish character set to 'Mediumcore' difficulty.

Edit: Just learned that in Expert world, they steal your stuff :-\  So the main Dwarf Fortress will remain in that world, but I think having a normal world to visit would also help.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:15:47 am by Immortal-D »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Started a dedicated Terraria 1.3 server, DF-inspired
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 01:10:56 pm »

Maybe you overlooked it, but there's another server up, which is where everyone plays, I believe. Its thread is in play with your buddies.

I bet it'll be easier to find people to play with by joining the existing server. :)

P.S. I haven't played on it, I just read the threads because... Uh. Hmm.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 01:47:44 pm »

Ah, good to know :)  Though I was hoping to find a crew to start new characters, I'll probly visit the building server just to look around.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 01:56:13 pm »

Yeah, sorry, but it's painful enough going through the progression again on my main character and immediately grabbing most of the gear from my SP chests as soon as I could theoretically have it.  :P

Seriously though, few things are as pointlessly tedious as the grind from the start of Hardmode up until Plantera. Except Korean MMOs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable