Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I add reactions to forges?  (Read 1262 times)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can I add reactions to forges?
« on: June 22, 2015, 09:30:54 am »

Title says it all, what token do I use in the [BUILDING] tag of a reaction if I want to add it to forges (magma or otherwise)? It doesn't say on the wiki.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
Re: Can I add reactions to forges?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:40:37 am »

I added reactions to a craftsdwarf table.  You can just add a reaction to a certain workshop, as well as make custom workshops.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 03:59:27 pm »

I just realized how unhelpful that was.

[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]

You might see that.  Just replace Craftsman or whatever with... I'm not sure... I'm looking around but I can't find the ID for forge.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 04:02:15 pm »

I believe the method for forge reaction is hardcover based off of what items your civilization can make and what metals can be made into them. You could add a new building for whatever reactions you want, or add them to a different workshops the craftsdwarf's.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 02:20:28 am »

Yo, 80% of my modding expertise is knowing where on the wiki to find things and what to search for; this is much easier than learning every token from scratch. I would be best to learn how to do this.

Here is a listing of all of the hardcoded buildings usable in reactions.

For the most part, you can find everything about reactions on that page.

The forge is simply not a building you can add to. It's not much to do with items your civ can make etc., that's basically it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:24:07 am by Putnam »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 02:32:29 am »

If you add a metallic item, it will be available to the forge under its appropriate menu.

Ie a new TOOL item with the solid tag, it will be along the crafts. Same for weapons, armor, etc...

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 11:09:25 am »

If you add a metallic item, it will be available to the forge under its appropriate menu.

Ie a new TOOL item with the solid tag, it will be along the crafts. Same for weapons, armor, etc...
Thanks, but solid tag? As in [SOLID]? I can't seem to find that anywhere on the wiki. Where do I put it?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:13:07 am by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 11:55:11 am »

Thanks, but solid tag? As in [SOLID]? I can't seem to find that anywhere on the wiki. Where do I put it?
The tags are [SOFT_MAT], [WOOD_MAT], [HARD_MAT], [METAL_MAT] and [METAL_WEAPON_MAT].  The honeycomb doesn't have any of those tags, so maybe it can be made of anything?

Reference here... which I'm about to update because it doesn't mention soft materials.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 11:57:48 am »

The tags are [SOFT_MAT], [WOOD_MAT], [HARD_MAT], [METAL_MAT] and [METAL_WEAPON_MAT].  The honeycomb doesn't have any of those tags, so maybe it can be made of anything?

Reference here... which I'm about to update because it doesn't mention soft materials.
I got [METAL_MAT]. I guess I haven't been making enough iron crafts.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 03:43:59 pm »

You mean crafts crafts? No, tool items are like wheelbarrows and shit, to the bottom end of the list.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 06:36:00 am »

Didn't work. But... I looked at the entity_default.txt and found a list of possible tools. I'm going to add mine to the list, and see what happens.

Edit: It works on a new world, but I can't make them on an existing world. It gives me an error that the item token is not recognized, but all the files are the same, both for default raws and region raws. It even works when I load the raws from the existing world in the arena.

So.. I have to generate a new world?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:07:08 am by latias1290 »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 10:12:31 am »

Oh, yeah you do. Entities only populate their allowed items and reactions just before the first one gets placed.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 11:10:50 am »

My personal rule of thumb:

Yes. You have to regen the world.