Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coastal (Some sort of RPG)  (Read 524 times)

Qwardian Entrepeneur

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Sometimes I do things.
    • View Profile
Coastal (Some sort of RPG)
« on: June 18, 2015, 09:49:37 pm »

This is gonna be pretty sloppy. The rules are extremely basic, you can do pretty much whatever, and the damage is based on what I feel is realistic, plus a few loose rolls of a D100. Really, if you're looking for polish and finesse in a forum game, here is not your place.

Setting: The year is 2017, and all hell has broken loose after a mysterious inter-dimensional portal opened up in the middle of the dead zone in the Gulf of Mexico. The port cities of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, and mexico have been ravaged by some sort of anomalous life form, and you're stuck in the quarantined zone with it.

Classes:
Civilian: Perfectly bland. Pick this class if you want a blank slate to make your own unique loadout.
Starts with 10000 dollars, and choice of reasonable civilian clothing.
Reporter: You're here to figure out what's going on. You entered the quarantine zone willingly to find answers, and there's no backing down now.
Starts with +5 to all perception and charisma rolls (Again, I use a D100, so it's not OP.), A camera, a notepad with a pen, a pocket knife, 3000 dollars, and a choice of either a Glock 17 pistol with a full 17 round magazine or a Taser. Starts with your choice of civilian clothing
Police Officer: You became an officer of the law to protect people. This seems like a true test of that ambition.
Starts with a Glock 43 pistol with 4 full 6 round magazines, an expandable baton, a two way police radio, a taser, a police badge, a heavy duty flashlight, handcuffs, and a police badge. Starts with a police uniform and Kevlar vest.
Thief: You made your living stealing before the portal opened. Maybe your skills will be of even more use now.
Gets +5 to all perception rolls. Starts with a small LED flashlight, your choice of pistol with 1 full magazine, a switchblade, a lock-picking kit, a crowbar, and 1000 dollars. Starts with your choice of civilian clothes, gloves, and a ski mask.
Mercenary: You've been hired to try to eliminate the threat. You know it's a suicide mission, but you have to try.
Starts with an entrenching tool, either a Steyr AUG with 2 full 30 round 5.56 NATO magazines or a Mossberg 500 with 16 shells of 00 shot, an FN Five-seven with 2 full 20 round 5.7x28 magazines, and a combat knife. Starts with military clothing, body armor, and a helmet.

Character sheets:
Name:
Class:
Items:
Clothing:
Personality:
Appearance:

Now, if you want to start playing, make a character, and vote for either Houston, Texas or Baton Rouge, Louisiana as a starting city.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Coastal (Some sort of RPG)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 10:17:28 pm »

Do we have any idea what the thing is? (It makes a difference on my class creation).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Qwardian Entrepeneur

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Sometimes I do things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 10:23:05 pm »

Well, from your sources, all you can really tell is that they're at least vaguely humanoid, and while they can be killed like a human for the most part, there's a lot of them to be killed.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 10:33:02 pm »

Name: Maple Treecarver
Class: Lumberjack (Civilian)
Items: 10,000, lumber axe, two packs of cigarettes, lighter
Clothing: flanel shirt, knit cap, jeans, steel toed boots
Personality: Honest, caring, kind. Found of adventuring, rock climbing, and outdoorsmanship of all kinds.
Appearance: About five ten, has a short beard, wearing a red and black lumberjack flannel.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Qwardian Entrepeneur

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Sometimes I do things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 10:34:43 pm »

The axe is within reason I guess, but probably cost a good 50 dollars if it's a good one. So I guess just, like, deduct 50 dollars from your cash.