Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Educational Dillema  (Read 783 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Educational Dillema
« on: June 28, 2015, 06:34:38 pm »

I am an American College Student who as recently decided to go into the computer field with an emphasis in IT (Information technlology). That said, I have been changing my mind from psychology to economics (I beleive that my old posts can still be found) to where I am now.

I currently have 31 credit hours and while most of them are for Gen. Education some were geared towards a degree in psychology. My school offers an IT associates but has a 63 credit hour requirement which means I may be short on Pell grants to reach my AA now that its much later in the game. My question is if I get my degree in psychology with computer science credits in their will I be able to get a bachelors in IT later at a university?

More specifically:

Can I go from an AA in one field to a Bachelors to another field if I meet said fields pre-reqs?

Jo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Educational Dillema
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 09:58:35 pm »

I'm not sure you are fully understanding your question, but the answer is yes.

It doesn't matter what your associates is in, you can go to a university and get a degree in computer science if you want.

There are some issues though. A bachelor's degree will have a certain set of requirements that change from school to school, and also each college will allow some things to transfer but not other things.

You might transfer to a university after you get an associates and find out that your credits all transfer as general, and you end up having to take all the technical classes again anyway.

Also I'm not sure there are many bachelor's programs in 'IT' or whatever. You'll need to find an IT program you want to study in, look at the class requirements for the degree, and take those classes. And then, of course, hope those credits transfer over and count towards the degree requirements.