Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mystery crash with no with error logs. Please Help!  (Read 617 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Mystery crash with no with error logs. Please Help!
« on: June 15, 2015, 11:07:32 am »

I modded in a few multi-castes races for 34.whichever and just updated it into the most recent version. For some reason it didn't work, so I went through the error log and fixed everything. It still crashed and I got no error log report. I then spent a few days doing whatever I could to change it and solve this invisible problem. As A result I ended up basically cutting things out of my raws and tearing everything apart, and still nothing worked. So below I have posted the original raws which worked at one point far in the past, but won't now. I was hoping that someone could try looking at them and figuring out whats wrong and why it crashes. This is an older copy of my creatures and entity files, which worked in 34.Ican'tremember. Please figure out whats wrong.

Creatures: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10929
Entities: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10930

Disclaimer: Yes, I know that breeding won't be realistic (a dogman and catman living in the nature civ can breed together have an elf baby), and I am ok with that necessary evil.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery crash with no with error logs. Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 11:25:13 am »

Could you be more specific ? At wich point in the game does it crash ? If this is worldgen, this is likely to be a problem with the entity.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 11:43:21 am »

Its during world gen.

That's what I thought at first, but I went through it and nothing seems to be wrong with any of the specific entities.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 11:49:28 am »

So this is something with the entity. This thread is helpful.
Oh and I see you are defining a body before the castes are declared, then another after the [CASTE:] tag. If you do that the first body is added to all classes and your creatures have things like an "left upper leg, lower body, upper body" meaning basically a second body on the first. Look at them in the arena, you'll see what's wrong.

And it'd easier for us to say what's wrong if you provided the updated raws. You said yourself this version is working.(also, I'm ok with proofreading/troubleshooting, but I don't have the time to update all this stuff myself.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:52:55 am by Usul »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 11:56:29 am »

The updated raws aren't actually updated, they have a whole host of introduced problems caused by me trying to fix the original mystery problem. In many ways they are worse, and in no way fixed anything.

As I mentioned earlier, none of it is currently working with the most recent DF, the files that I listed worked at one point but now lead to a world gen crash with no errorlog.

I'll go an fix the double body problem, and see if that fixed it.

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 12:11:10 pm »

Some of your entities have DARK_FORTRESS as a site and more than one position with CHAT_WORTHY and RESPONSABILITY:LAW_MAKING . This usually cause worldgen to crash, try removing those.