Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trouble with waffers  (Read 550 times)

tilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trouble with waffers
« on: June 14, 2015, 10:15:25 am »

Hey everyone, I am playing the latest version of masterwork and have just obtained a couple candy sites. I have successfully smelted wafers, but here in lies my problem. For some reason workshops haven't been using anything that hasn't been designated to a stockpile and furthermore, they haven't used anything from those stock piles unless the stockpile has been "given" to that particular workshop. Having tried various combinations with stock piles I have not been able to isolate the wafers into a specific pile and thusly my efforts have largely gone to waste on the matter.

What I need to know is as follows:
Do wafers have a stockpile reference?
If they do have a reference can it be isolated to a single stockpile tile?
What other information would be helpful?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with waffers
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 12:09:58 pm »

Masterworks may change things around, so I can't be sure. However, using the standard rules (through LNP), adamantine wafers are considered to be metal bars and thus would go into a blocks/bars stockpile->metal bars->adamantine.

mobucks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with waffers
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 07:10:13 pm »

This usually happens when I mess up something with stockpile links or stockpile settings. I would go over all of them, or if you are desperate, delete the links.

If a workshop is linked to ANY stockpile, and requires an item from another stockpile that it is not linked to, no production happens.

A fiddly system that requires a watchful eye.