Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I am an idiot, but maybe that will help someone else...  (Read 4271 times)

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I am an idiot, but maybe that will help someone else...
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 12:48:46 am »

I've always preferred magma for garbage disposal, just like Armok intended.  Besides, number of items doesn't actually increase FPS- its stockpile tiles that are the real culprit. 

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 12:54:29 am »

I've always preferred magma for garbage disposal, just like Armok intended.  Besides, number of items doesn't actually increase FPS- its stockpile tiles that are the real culprit.

SCIENCE says otherwise.  Operation FPS Bomb had no stockpiles. 

"Magma" is not really useful for garbage disposal, as many items take a while to dissolve.  SMR is useful for garbage disposal, but I'm a little more loathe to just open a straight chute to the SMR without putting something that would block random magma critters from climbing up. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 12:19:53 pm »

For all intents and purposes, that is a relatively new feature, so no need to feel foolish.

3 years old, yeah

They grow up so fast...

Jigowah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 09:48:05 am »

I realize now that I overlooked 3d designation simply because you cannot DIG that way.  Digging was my first type of designation, so I assumed that it would behave the same way for all other designations.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 03:38:36 pm »

"Magma" is not really useful for garbage disposal, as many items take a while to dissolve.  SMR is useful for garbage disposal, but I'm a little more loathe to just open a straight chute to the SMR without putting something that would block random magma critters from climbing up.

I enjoy constructing an overengineered system to move battle refuse to a very tall vertical shaft ending in a magma puddle. Periodically a complex system of hatches close and open, allowing the puddle to be drained and the remaining iron goodies to be safely extracted(at the magma sea. Convenience!). Then the safety doors close and the hail of giblets resumes.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 02:36:45 am »

Considering the fact that the face-palm thread is 622 pages, there's no need to feel foolish (at least not moreso than the rest of us) :P

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 04:39:12 am »

I realize now that I overlooked 3d designation simply because you cannot DIG that way.  Digging was my first type of designation, so I assumed that it would behave the same way for all other designations.
You can designate digging in 3d. Although, this does not include channeling out the floors between the layers. Which is a good thing, considing digger safety.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 07:29:22 am »

discovered the z thing ages ago(i looked at a tutorial)

but for some reason the up/down stairs dont work for me,so i ended up not using it anyway
Pages: 1 [2]