Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A strange... Glitch..?  (Read 1203 times)

Stovepipe Arnold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A strange... Glitch..?
« on: June 06, 2015, 09:08:52 pm »

Two of my old soldiers from a fortress I abandoned to the clown car are getting hit by some old syndromes they contracted during the whooping glorious battle, and my doctors are basically acting like they don't exist. Random good Samaritans are keeping them alive with food and drink (currently they are passed out around the fort) but the actual doctors are stonewalling them.

One has a diagnosis requested tag, but the other is just passed out in a corner of the bath house surrounded by buckets people used to feed him.

Has anybody heard of this?

EDIT:

Oh my god. One of the old soldiers snapped awake and went berserk. My military took him out, and then suddenly everyone went crazy and started killing each other. I would say it was a tantrum spiral, but the guy literally showed up and passed out, so I doubt he had the time to make any meaning full social connections.

Its literally insanity. My frame rate went from 45 to 4, and even some random elven merchants started beating the crap out of people that tried to flee the carnage.

What..?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:54:18 pm by Stovepipe Arnold »

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A strange... Glitch..?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 10:46:10 pm »

Well, my current doctors just keep diagnosing the same miner who were knocked out by a cave-in, and the green D just won't disappear from the health menu...

Edit*
I removed and rebuilt the traction bench, the problem was fixed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:53:09 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

Chief10

• Bay Watcher
  • since 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 12:58:24 am »

Oh my god. One of the old soldiers snapped awake and went berserk. My military took him out, and then suddenly everyone went crazy and started killing each other. I would say it was a tantrum spiral, but the guy literally showed up and passed out, so I doubt he had the time to make any meaning full social connections.

Sounds like a loyalty cascade

Stovepipe Arnold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 03:21:47 am »

I thought about it being a cascade, but I didn't know whether or not that effected merchants too. Oh well. I retired the fort and reclaimed, which fixed the issue, but not before I lost over half the population.

RIP

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 04:02:36 am »

Not sure, but don't they have to have made it to a hospital bed before being diagnosed?

If(?) so, you might be able to build a small "urgent care center" w/ bed under or next to them, and maybe someone will help them in to it.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 11:55:43 am »

Sounds like the plot to 28 Days Later.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 12:43:05 pm »

Sounds like the plot to 28 Days Later.
Mysterious syndrome reappears amongst Dwarves who showed no symptoms after 2 years. Dwarves go catatonic, doctors incapable of helping them, the Dwarves kept alive only through the help of their fellow Dwarves.
The infected Dwarves reemerge from their stupor, filled with rage. The Fort descends into murderous chaos. No one is safe.