Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: NEO Scavenger - Post-Apocalyptic turn-based survival  (Read 27386 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEO Scavenger - Post-Apocalyptic turn-based survival
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2014, 11:26:53 am »

I'm posting in here mainly to watch, I might pick it up in the future, it looks like it is a neat little game.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2014, 04:32:31 pm »

It is quite neat and fun, but gets old really fast. Huge potential if mod support will be added though.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2014, 04:54:28 pm »

Note for all...

DO NOT GO TOWARDS THE MAP BOARDER!!!

I had a guy, super geared up, smashing down bandits and everything and shit. Started traveling to the Glow and got a bit too far south. The Map Boarder is designed to be a litural caustic wasteland of poison/nuclear/napalmed city. I accidentally too a single step into it cause a bandit spawned two tiles in with a gun, one which I had bullets for filling my Hoodie pockets. I went for him. The Bandit disappeared from the map. a pop up appeared detailing what was going on, THEN MY CHARACTER FELL ASLEEP/UNCONSCIOUS AND THEN MELTED!!! T_T Most strongest and successful character yet and he melted...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2014, 11:18:15 am »

LMAO Neyvn awesome story this just made my day

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2014, 12:50:13 pm »

Yeah, uh... I have a problem. In the DMC, with the SkyCorps patrol, how am I supposed to lose them? I'm pretty much certain that the bracelet is letting them track me, but I can't drop it.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2014, 02:54:13 am »

NEO Scavenger - How far will you go to survive?

This character had been doing really well. Warm clothes, shoes, a backpack, a shopping cart to haul all the crap, even for the first time in my 20 hours of play: a gun, a .308 rifle; 4 rounds of full-metal jacketed ammunition. Could probably rip a man's arm off at 200 yards. A man?

There was just one problem: Food. God, I was hungry. You see, water is plentiful enough but you can only go so long without something solid. The only things I'd been sustaining my self on were: A gummy bear or two; dug from in-between moldy couch cushions in dilapidated old house. A Small packet of soup crackers, taken from the apron of a skeletal waitress in a long ruined dinner. And a handful of mushrooms, which may or may not have been poisonous, picked in a bleak, dying forest. I was just so hungry.

I was picking across some collapsed office building, so hungry, when he caught me off guard. A looter with a with a spear, no more than a sharp wooden stick really. It-He, He I mean, caught me by surprise, however I quickly sidestepped the lunge and received only a nick; I've done this before you know -fighting that is, not... Never mind. Hungry. I wouldn't waste any of the precious 147 grain .308 bullets unless my very life depended on it, this? Just a fight. A hungry fight. I parried the spear away and brought my cleaver across it's chest. It backed away holding the wound, seemed to be thinking better about taking me on... Went into a retreat. Hungry. Normally, I'd let one go. You see I'm a pacifist at heart: Really?, I am. But, this time I thought: What if I let this go? It really didn't learn a lesson did it? It wouldn't come after me, but maybe a young woman? A child? A young pregnant woman? The more I thought, the more my hung-dissatisfaction grew. I couldn't take that chance, I unslung my rifle, my aim was disrupted by the grumble of my stomach, but was still true.
It was probably... Say? 200 yards away at this point. Blew it's arm almost clean off. It fell to the ground in shock, I trotted over and brought my cleaver down on the base of the skull. It was necessary. During the walk over; I had some time to think. I thought about yin and yang: Everything needs to be balanced, right? Yeah, right. The death of this poor thing was bad, so something good needed to balance it out. Eating is good, hungry.
Is not death less of a waste if some good does not come out of it?

I was so hungry that I ate some raw, but only enough to tide me over. I threw the rest into the cart and went to a nearby patch of woods and cooked it. See. I'm not some sort of barbarian, no still quite civilized. Perhaps I'm one of the last civilized people out here?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:09:00 am by MasterFancyPants »
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Apokaladle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2014, 06:51:42 pm »

And bump, since this has just come out of early access! I haven't played in a couple versions, but I love this game to pieces.

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2014, 09:02:54 pm »

Liked the few hours I spent on it, the combat is really fun in this one. Gonna give it another go then!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2014, 02:57:17 am »

This is a very interesting game worth your attention, folks. Basically, if you like Unreal World, if you like Cataclysm, if you like permadeath in the most annoying ways, you will love it.

The game seems to consist of two challenge phases - first is initial survival, since you run around naked in wilderness. Hypothermia has killed most of my characters. Second is surviving random fuck you's, like a fookin' werewolf coming to eat you while you sleep. I lost my longest progressing character storywise to that, even though I had excellent equipment etc. I thought I was in a safe area, but guess I wasn't.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2014, 10:37:20 am »

I own this, backed it a loooooooong time ago, but it's very limited in terms of things to do and story. Almost disappointing, in that respect.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:43 pm »

Just got back to playing this game and I having the best luck and well though out choices in this game because I am about 2 hours into this and I have already found:

Complete body armour and shotgun from a dead DMC guard
Rifle with strap
Pistol and ammo to spare it

So has this game got easier or am I just getting good at this?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2014, 01:49:02 am »

RNG giveth, RNG taketh away. I bet you get soon infected with the blue plague.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2015, 06:21:38 pm »

Game threads never die.

Hey, uh, how does the hot brick's radiation work? Should I plop it in a campsite and hope no one steals it, or can I strap it into my backpack for perma-juice without CRS?
Is there a way to copy radiation bob & craft a camp guardian?

Also, is there a way to switch off the cryo lighting once you fix it? Perhaps I shouldn't have repaired it, if it ruins concealment.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:03:42 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2015, 06:30:37 pm »

I like this game, like the design and the way things work (aka mechanics). The main problem for me is that there are few things you can do...
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2015, 07:01:31 am »

i tried this. after a day it told me i had reached the end of the demo. tho there was an option to return to the demo, and despite it told me i decided to keep playing the demo, all i can do is close that encounter over and over again.
is the demo realy that short or do i miss something?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]