Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Subterranean Subterfuge! A Gauge of interest?  (Read 771 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Subterranean Subterfuge! A Gauge of interest?
« on: May 30, 2015, 12:35:38 am »

Deep in a complex of unexplored and hidden away passages, roughly hewn from mud and stone, lies a civilization of great intrigue. A place that an innumerable amount of bewildering creatures call home. The meaning of the term, 'melting pot' is truly shown here, whether it be from the markets of many a Gremlin purveying goods, to the mighty Draltha's who use their great size as a taxi service. Dozens of cultures mix, swirl, and thrive in Understreets, and while it is a poor district the liveliness hides that fact well. Those from the Stone Wall are of the middle class, their homes built into a structure of immense size, obvious due to the name. That's right, here in the great open caves is a barrier of impossible proportion, surrounded by those of lower birth. However, within the walls many noble's hold their noses high and lodge sticks up their asses. But in the center of it all, a palace of immeasurable wealth. A spire of seemingly eldritch black stone juts out from below far above into the shadowy overhangs of the cavern. Upon a throne of blue metal, a tyrannical king cackles on about his subjects. Dark secrets are well hidden within the great city of Deepholm!

Together, you and your friends have just created a super secret club, hidden only in a location you know! It'll need a name and a leader of course, unless you are one of those weird 'everyone's equal' types but first, who exactly were you again?

Spoiler: I Am (click to show/hide)

(Hey there! I sure hope I got a few peoples attention, I really enjoy the idea of all these cavern dwellers living together, though not always in harmony. originally I wanted to include only the tiny creatures, thus the name, but I just couldn't help it so here we are. I'd like to see descriptiveness here, and to really see what you can do with the story. Which of course will be very mailable to the decisions you guys make, I'd like for you to help me shape the world you live in. Make stuff up! Have fun! Oh and tell me if you are unclear on something!)

(It should be said that I am not keen on running a game for a large group, thus if there happens to be quite more than a few applicants, than I'll take precedence over those of more descriptive and intriguing backgrounds. Hope you understand!)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:56:00 am by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Subterranean Subterfuge! A Gauge of interest?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 12:38:02 am »

...what would we actually be doing?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 12:42:33 am »

Well that is a good question, I had particularly wanted our lovely creatures to decide on a goal for the 'Super Secret Friends Only Club' that they had created. Perhaps they seek to supplant the treacherous king in order to bring prosperity to their home? Maybe they decide to become a vigilante group of crime fighters? Maybe they say screw it all, let us see the sun fo the first time in their lives. Perhaps everything I just listed and possibly nothing.

Or I could be totally inept and this will fall through without another post. Oh well!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:46:25 am by Unraveller »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 12:50:00 am »

> Mud Man

Name: Scraggle
Appearance: 70,000 Urists of black, brown and red mud.
Skills: Pottery
Backstory: Scraggle is a potter's potter, using his own mud to craft wondrous masterpieces. Then he eats some more mud to make up for the lost bodymass.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 12:51:13 am »

PTW
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 12:52:03 am »

Pottery does sound like the ideal job for a Mud Man, Scraggle must be living the life!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 01:03:24 am »

>Plump Helmet Man

Name: Moe
Appearance: 50,000 Urists of ugly, but with a heart so warm none of the beer he serves is cold. Many times has he been called a troll, but many real trolls took offense to this and sided with Moe.
Skills: Brewing, Bartending
Backstory: Moe is the proprietor of Moe's Cavern, an underground bar selling all kinds of alcohol. Many of his barflies are trolls, crundles and actual flymen. He also grows mushrooms. None really question the morality of this, since only Moe knows whether or not those mushrooms are actually sentient.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:34:14 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.