Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How do i use war/hunting dogs?  (Read 3058 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do i use war/hunting dogs?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2015, 02:05:14 pm »

"Live Hamsters" sounds like animal traps. Vermin can escape animal traps as you've seen. The probability is dependent on the quality of the animal trap, and I think metal or glass traps cannot be gnawed through. However, there is very little reason to use animal traps at all. Vermin can be used as pets, but there is a risk someone dislike them very much, and thus gets a bad thought from them. Vermin can also be sold to caravans, but you're bathing in resources anyway, so why bother? A small number of vermin can be used to extract currently useless fluids. And capturing vermin does not seem to have any effect on the number of vermin on the map.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do i use war/hunting dogs?
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2015, 04:07:48 pm »

But, yeah if you really want to build a zoo (and they seem to be really popular with my Dwarves), you need metal cages. Hamsters and two-legged rhino lizards will gnaw through wooden traps and cages and spam you with alerts every time. Funnily enough gnawing through a wooden cage doesn't seem to actually damage it...

Mind you, Dwarves seem to be just as happy admiring empty cages, so animal trapping really is useless.
Pages: 1 2 [3]