Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stonesense modding issues  (Read 713 times)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
Stonesense modding issues
« on: April 30, 2015, 04:35:47 am »

It's been a while since I posted here. I hope I have the right forum for this. I've run head long into a wall that I can't seem to pull myself over. I've been working on my mod talking closely with the original creators of the series to make it far more accurate then my "fill in the blank" ideas were.

However while trying to add in stonesense support I've run into an issue with subsprite colored creatures. I'm likely mangling the XML but I've tried several different variations of it to no avail. I'm wondering it it may be my image file instead.

Spoiler: xml attempts (click to show/hide)

the image file can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30579921/color_talyxians_dl92.png

edit: forgot to provide an image of the problem. Either the first layer or the second layer is drawn, but never all of the layers and their own colors: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30579921/Screenshot%202015-04-30%2005.39.16.png
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:41:01 am by darklord92 »
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense modding issues
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 06:34:57 am »

This seems to be the support thread for Stonesense.  As a first step, I'd recommend putting all attributes in quotes including the sheetIndex ones.

Stonesense's behavior for not-quite-compliant XML varies token by token.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map