Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rigidchips: A free rigid-body physics simulator  (Read 1250 times)

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
Rigidchips: A free rigid-body physics simulator
« on: May 29, 2015, 01:35:33 pm »

http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~takeya04/softwareE.html

I did not create Rigidchips. I'm a fan of the game and I'm trying to get some more people interested in it. I am creating tutorial videos and will be sharing showcases of my creations on the subreddit. I encourage other people to do the same!

I recently became a moderator of /r/rigidchips . Here is a link to a post I made with a simple, concise tutorial for the graphical editor.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Rigidchips/comments/37f2w8/resources_main_program_and_3rd_party_designer/

I've been thinking about hosting some multiplayer stuff, anyone interested? We could do a weekly thing where we just mess around.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Rigidchips: A free rigid-body physics simulator
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 02:22:21 pm »

This looks cool but... I don't get it? Is it just a sandbox where you build stuff? What are the limits of what you can do? Some examples?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
Re: Rigidchips: A free rigid-body physics simulator
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:10:47 pm »

This looks cool but... I don't get it? Is it just a sandbox where you build stuff? What are the limits of what you can do? Some examples?

For the most part, it is a sandbox where you build stuff. There are some examples posted to the subreddit made by me and one other person who has started playing with it, showing some of the capabilities of the physics engine and scripting.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.