Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FPS in reanimating biome  (Read 1093 times)

HelloSatan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
FPS in reanimating biome
« on: April 21, 2015, 05:53:00 pm »

I really like playing in evil biomes, but fps is killing me faster than zombies. Last game, i kept outside surface really tidy, no deaths there, no hordes of zombies, only regular spawning zombie creatures coming and going. But, however, some wildlife and zombies in the caverns, which i have no control under in the beginning, started fighting each other, and at some point, not very far from the moment of embarking, I have 400 zombies and their parts moving in the caverns, just dropping my fps to 50 while i only have 18 dwarves at the moment! I would be happy to play without accessing the caverns at all, but it still affects my fps, what the hell should I do with that?

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: FPS in reanimating biome
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 06:23:45 pm »

Fill the caverns to the brim with magma, and then with water. It'll make your FPS even worse during the process, but once it's done you'll have a giant cavern-shaped obsidian "vein" and no obnoxious undead.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 09:59:03 pm »

I saw someone *fix* this before. He dug a tunnel to a vein of Candy, and connected it to the caverns. He then invited the circus, and watched as they both annihilated each other after years of fighting.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 12:42:00 am »

You can use dfhack. Run exterminate undead. After that wall off cavern edges as quickly as possible.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 02:38:32 am »

Make an advanced world without caverns and use a mod that adds at least 1 default enemy that don't use Dark Fortresses. If you don't do the second your world might be a little too stable as all Dark Fortresses civs require some number of caverns(don't know the exact requirements). Also need to add the outside stuff tokens to your playable race.
Maybe move all the underground creatures+animals into GOOD/EVIL regions or something to preserve their existence in the world.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;