Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS  (Read 1218 times)

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS
« on: May 03, 2015, 12:44:41 am »

this token perked my interest enough to necromancy myself back into modding (and dwarf fortress in general).

is it possible to use this to create a creature that hunts vampires? or is only two "classes" applicable, the common poison and the gnome thing?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 01:18:07 am »

No, creature classes can be anything you want. GENERAL_POISON is just a generic handle that Toady put on basically everything that has a pulse. That way poisons (that always look for GENERAL_POISON) don't affect stuff like amethyst men. Gnomeblight doesn't use these, it shows how to target specific creatures only.

Vampires aren't distinct creatures in themselves, just ordinary dimwits that have contracted vampirism. I'm not 100% sure, but still pretty certain you can't make a syndrome add or take away creature classes.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 06:28:27 am »

Does this tag do anything outside of adventurer mode?

I mean, I know if you have seen me post over there lately you may have seen a screenshot with my dorf and then some purple icons (instead of the red) on the other side of walls and such, like uhhh... here's a smaller one:

I just used the same setup as the vampires have but with the color changed to the purple like the little ghost afterimages when you lose sight of someone, and the blood red didn't make sense since it's not a vampire syndrome at all. Just love having the "radar" when I'm doing stuff like looking for kids to rescue.

In fort mode though, it doesn't display for you, the player, and I know I've snuck up on enough vampires to be confident that they don't really make use of it because I know I'm visible on their radar but they never turn or greet me or run or anything, while the types with extravision and such react the instant you're in their sight circle.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 12:32:14 pm »

well thats a tad disappointing but fair.
back to trying to get male creatures to be milkable but don't actually give anything :D

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 10:33:19 pm »

...oh dear bloodgod why.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 03:08:49 am »

for extracting essence and to throw more things at elves and goblins of course =p.  because it'll never happen and is a personal easter egg.