Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Shadowrun 4e] Seattle Street Stories-Noob friendly!-Monday, 1PM PST, 3/8  (Read 1258 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

So what's all this garbage?

This, my friend, is a project a long time in the making. See, Shadowrun is a rather complex game. Asking new players to make characters is a bit like asking a complete idiot to perform rocket science. Nothing works, nothing is on time, everything is on fire, etc.

No, what the bollocks is a "Shadowrun"

It's a roleplaying game, set in 2072. Long story short, magic returned in 2012, things went to shit, cyberpunk dystopian future. Got it?

You play as "Shadowrunners", criminals hired for deniable operations by any number of players in the Sixth World, usually Megacorperations, but almost anyone could contract a shadowrunner to achieve something illegal, immoral, or both. Complete your missions, get paid, live the high life, all while staying one step ahead of the myraid threats looking to make your shadowrunning career a short one.

To do something, you roll a number of d6s equal to your character's attribute, plus their skill and any modifiers. Every 5 or 6 is a "hit". The more of these you get, the better.

You will need a copy of the shadowrun 4th edition core rulebook to play, preferably the 20th anniversary edition.

Now, you know how I mentioned that this was a new player friendly game? Rather than have players create characters, I have made a list of premade characters. If you select one, i'll send you their stats and gear, and allow you to fill out the things left undefined, like name, sex, knowledge skill, and other things left up to player discretion. The game will be played over IRC, and the channel and server will be PM'd to the players.

'

To sign up, simply post your interest, and what character listed above interests you. First come, first served! If the time slot doesn't work for you, don't worry. Another version of this game will be posted for a Friday, 6 PM PST timeslot.

All characters gain 500 nuyen, and one month of low lifestyle for free
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:36:52 pm by Wrex »

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

>Connecting ShadowSea VPN

>Encryption Keys Generated

>Login

>Connected to <ERROR: UNKNOWN NODE>

Welcome <ERROR: MESH ID UNAVAILABLE>. Your last connection was disconnected <ERROR: LOG UNAVAILABLE>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TODAY'S HOT TOPICS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:28:57 pm by Wrex »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

And one more for good luck

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Yay! Been looking forward go this.

...Now to indecision on someone to play... Hmmm... Human Street Samurai, I choose you!
Love, scriver~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interested in this as well.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

Character sent to Scriibbles.

I'll be uploading a general guide as to what a shadowrun is, how to do one, and the layout of job posts. It should be up soonish, but here's the short version

A "Mr (or Mrs) Johnson" puts out a job on various underworld matrix nodes. You select one of the many jobs available. Next, you meet the Johnson in person, discuss the job. Now, you need to perform legwork and planning- these can be done in the forum threads, as you gather information and prepare for the actual Shadowrun itself. Then, you simply do the job, return to the Johnson, and get paid. Simple, right?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Well, I'm afraid it'll have to be the ork coinshot for me...  Can't very well say no to a death-by-cocktail-coaster assassin.  Besides, coin tossing has been a time-honored tradition since ADOM!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take the troll weapons master.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

Shadowrunning guide has been updated.