Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In Verbis Virtus - Worry your dog/cat while casting spells  (Read 1321 times)

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
In Verbis Virtus - Worry your dog/cat while casting spells
« on: April 13, 2015, 02:34:21 am »

A first person "fantasy adventure" game that requires a microphone. The gimmick: you cast spells by uttering phrases into your microphone. You can whisper them too if you're embarrassed, the voice recognition is quite good.
The graphic design is breathtaking. There are even puzzles, imagine that! I got stuck with a couple of them until I ran around for a bit.

Not only are there beautiful things and puzzles and spells, but there are also enemies. Dear god-- enemies? Yes! Enjoy frantically yelling offensive (spell) things at your microphone while your in-game self casts Glowing Hands™ over and over again. Did I say the voice recognition was good? There are a few exceptions. Mostly it comes down to knowing how to mouth the words. I've noticed that speaking the phrases quickly brings better results.

All in all I really enjoyed the game and I recommend it. Especially if you're frequently intoxicated.

screenshots
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

links
Steam
Indomitus Games

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In Verbis Virtus - Worry your dog/cat while casting spells
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 04:13:32 am »

Woah this actually looks pretty good! I know a few games have tried this sort of thing and failed miserably in the past, so it's great that it's actually been done well. 

Unfortunately they seem to have taken the demo off their site, but it has enough positive reviews that I'll probably get it next!
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: In Verbis Virtus - Worry your dog/cat while casting spells
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 04:29:29 am »

I'll probably get this a t some point, it seems really interesting.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword