Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Shortest Lived Forts - The New Thread!!!  (Read 9367 times)

jaw2233

• Bay Watcher
  • forgetting which switch does what since *BLAM* ow!
    • View Profile
Re: Shortest Lived Forts - The New Thread!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2015, 08:24:02 am »

my shortest fortress was when my first migrant wave came, and a zombie seige promptly occured and massacared everyone! not to mention they just SCALED THE WALL!
I sincerely apologize for whatever happened above this.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2015, 07:14:18 pm »

my shortest fortress was when my first migrant wave came, and a zombie siege promptly occurred and massacred everyone! not to mention they just SCALED THE WALL!
Ah, that happened to me in a succession fortress once. The last survivor was a child.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2015, 07:40:13 pm »

That happened to me too.

Except my fort was successful in defeating them.

Said fort lasted about 5 years before It gave into a 5th zombie siege.

I sealed in my entire fort, and the only way in was a tunnel with about 100 atom smashers and weapon traps.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2015, 09:05:45 pm »

Oh gosh, I finally have a good story to share.

So I got pretty good at this game a long time ago, struggled over the learning curve and all that, but I normally played "normal" embarks, with nothing too crazy or difficult. Most of my fun was using the old DFHack "invasion-now" to summon millions of gobbos for me to senselessly slaughter. But, one day I was reading this forum and some of the classic legacy games and I had the thought "You know, it's about time that I myself tried a hardcore embark." So I genned a new world, loaded it up and plopped by 7 dwarfs down in the middle of the most evil, terrifying area I could find. The right asshole of hell, if you will. The game loaded up, and I pressed "k" and zoomed around, marveling at the "dense creeping eye" and "glumprong tree." Then I hit space and immediately I received an announcement: "It has begun to rain elf blood!" All my dwarves fell to the ground, writhed about for a bit, and then fell unconscious. I laughed, having experienced a new kind of Fun. Then I waited. Still the rain did not let up. Finally, as one might expect, my dwarves all fell to starvation.

It died in about a month or two, but I don't think any of my dwarves got more than three moves in on that game.

Manivald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2015, 08:45:46 am »

My first attempt at making an aboveground fort in a sinister biome was put into a abrupt end when a giant undead tick attacked.  Apparently one attack from such creature can make limbs explode.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]